Tuesday 16 November 2021

Another snowfall!

 The week began with snow. It began with rain, and ended with 2 cm of snow.


I do not complain. The terror of flooding out west in British Columbia is shocking, with 250+ mm rainfall. There were 50 cars stuck in the mountains between two washouts, they airlifted 275 people, including 50 children. They are evacuating people by military helicopter. Others were stuck in cars overnight. They shared food and water. The town of Merritt has been evacuated, as the flooding has destroyed the town's water treatment system. Merritt is in the mountains.


Our DIL is stuck in Toronto, as the winds and rain ended up in a cancelled flight back home to Vancouver. Jesse is having fun with the two kids on his own. Stacie was in Stratford for Canadian theatre legend Martha Henry's funeral. She was a mentor and friend of Stacie's, who worked at Stratford for years. 

We've a touch of snow, with freezing rain threatened for Wednesday. Here is my before and after.


I put out the garbage wearing a Santa hat! It was lovely and warm.

They've been lovely skies!


Cinnamon has been happier indoors, for the most part!

Remember the mouse hole? Cinnamon does!

I retrieved the trailcam, and you can see that the splatty snow set off the trigger!

It shouldn't have been a surprise, but it was pretty! 

You will have to picture it: I was working out and I spotted Cinnamon. Sitting on the edge of the grassy spot, he did 'bear,' standing on his haunches and peering into the grass. Suddenly, he leapt up and over 1.5 m into the grass. He worked it for awhile, but didn't manage to catch anything. There are mice friends there for sure.


It is pretty.

From there, I went in to rest my weary back, and put my feet up. Sitting looking out the window, I noticed a sun shower. The orchid didn't mind, being inside.


We had a touch of snow yesterday afternoon, but not enough to measure. Here we go! We've our snow tires on. I took JB in to the drug store, the library, the coffee shop, and I bought some litter. We are good to go.

12 comments:

William Kendall said...

I think we had traces of snow, but I was only out briefly.

Tom said...

...we had wet snow for about 2 minutes yesterday.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I wish our endless rain would decide to turn to snow... nothing pretty here... YAM xx

DUTA said...

The 'sun shower' is nice!

Karen said...

Tomorrow (Wednesday) is looking pretty nasty up the Valley. On his way home from work, Mike is picking up gas for the generator and some milk. I'm going to clean my Kelly Kettle. When it is this warm, it's hard to get the woodstove hot enough to boil tea water without blasting us out of the house.

Anvilcloud said...

It’s bright out now after some dull weather. Thank goodness the freezing rain didn’t happen. At least i don't think it did.

Linda said...

Daughter was telling me about the rains/floods in BC, saw some photos of Goldstream Park and the paths were like rivers. We had a bit of snow yesterday morning when we got up, very frosty this morning, but temperatures are hovering around 5 Celsius.

Nancy J said...

I would be a hermit for the whole winter, as I dread travelling on icy roads. That deluge in B.C., what an ordeal to be stranded on the road, trapped between mudslides. Thank goodness for the rescue people, who brave such conditions to help so many.

RedPat said...

I am not looking forward to winter at all.

Lorrie said...

The snow is so pretty. The flooding and landslides here are just devastating.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your Santa hat.

Here in the UK we have been seeing news of the terrible weather parts of Canada have been experiencing.
Take care.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

The flooding you're getting up north is scary and so sad for all who are affected by it.

Canada must have blown that snow down to Chicago because my daughter sent me a text video of snow falling. It's too early, for goodness sakes!