Tuesday 9 November 2021

Chores and playtime!

 I'm still cleaning up around the house, doing outdoor Fall chores. I managed to clean the back deck. Pulling the dead vines off, I scrubbed the railings.



The horse chestnut tree still has a few leaves, but the trees behind it are done..

We've had ice on the goldfish pond, yet this week we are going to be in double-digit temperatures. The fishies are happy, I cleaned their tank Sunday. 


Cinnamon and I went walkies, again.


I find that most of my photos of him show his bum! When I walk with him, he runs to be in front. Nutmeg doesn't often come with us. When JB walks, Nutmeg is in front. 



It is Joseph Brian's birthday on Monday. As he sits in his chair, the afternoon sun shines in on his face. I found a bit of a remedy for it! I washed the window, again.  


I moved another frog to the wetland. Not this one! This one slipped away from my net. When I went back later, he was back on the lily pad, but dove the moment he saw me.  


We moved the pie pumpkins from the fence to the ground. The critters love them! 

JB bought me this planter last year. I threw away the dead pine branches, saved it, and brought it out yesterday. New branches made it look good as new! 

Carl was back in the afternoon. Just sitting there, chewing his cud peacefully.


13 comments:

Tom said...

...work hard, play hard!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Belated greetings JB! And I think Carl looks like he might be moving in permanently... YAM xx

William Kendall said...

You wonder what the fish think of the cats.

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww... a lot of animals around your house... amazing.

I never seen wild deer in close distance.... love to see them one day.

# Have a wonderful day

Karen said...

Bold hunters are crawling the woods all around my house. I'm really surprised some deer aren't sheltering in my yard this year considering.
Scrubbed the brushed the porch yesterday too. Those vines are tenacious.

RedPat said...

I have been sitting out on the deck in the sun still! Probably for the last time this year after today.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Happy birthday to JB! Cute photos of the kitties, the goldfish and the deer.
It must still be warm for the frogs to be out. Take care, enjoy your day!

Red said...

Fall chores are fine as long as we don't have to rush as when an early snowstorm decides to hit.

Melissa Baker said...

Your little piece of the world looks so peaceful.

DeniseinVA said...

Happy birthday to JB. Liked your solution for the sun. Enjoyed your photos as I always do. Looks like you worked hard on your chores. I am trying to get motivated on the ones I have been putting off. Must get started soon :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You certainly stay busy. I am tickled by your cats walking with you. I can't even imagine it with ours.

Bindu said...

I love pictures of Cinnamon! Happy belated birthday to JB!

Jeanie said...

You deserve playtime after that! Cinnamon is a gem. I wish Lizzie would walk with me.