Monday 1 November 2021

Hallowe'en 2021

After teaching for 25 years, raising three kids, and living in rural Ontario, I don't really DO Hallowe'en! I did decorate for Autumn and Thanksgiving in October. In the past I have painted my pumpkins, but since I feed them to the critters, even though it is non-toxic, I thought I'd play it safe. 

That said, JB had planned the 🐻SNUGGLE Bears weeks in advance. They were trick-or-treating!  Well, Yam and JB had the same idea. 

I did go up on the roof and clean out the eavestrough. I drew a line through that chore (Fall Chores)! It wasn't bad at all. Just three corners need work, and I did clear out the one. The others corners I inspected, but the winds have been good and clearing off the roof.


I think the fascia needs work. It looks a tad rotten.

I like to take roof photos once I am up there!



Back indoors... Cinnamon has been a bit of trouble. The light is warm on his belly. Lots of our cats have liked being up there. To the right of him is a △piece of sturdy cardboard that blocks the opening, but he can nidge it. There is a space between the rim and where the hoses go into the tank. What a pain.

He saw Percy coming, and reaching in he snagged a single fish scale. You can see it just above the white fish's nose on the left. I'm looking at putting some netting or something across the back. There are two hoses going in, and it is a bit of an awkward spot. 

From there, he decided to sit on the railing and chase his tail. He is trouble! He's not the only curtain climber we've had!

We've been thinking of better webbing for the tank's opening. Chicken wire might do it, though. I'll have to think it through. 

 JB had the snow tired put on the car. Good thing. That's it for October!



11 comments:

Tom said...

...I never do Halloween!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What about a rodent or fly mesh - it comes in steel or copper, usually, and is quite 'formable.' Chicken wire tends to be wider diameter and paws can get through!

Well done JB and the Snugglers!!! YAM xx

RedPat said...

You are so brave getting up on the roof!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

can't believe it is NOVEMBER already. time is flying by. take care. thanks for your visit. ( ;

Lorrie said...

Had to laugh at the trick or treating set up that JB made.

Kathy G said...

I've moved my post-summer decoration from Halloween-specific to generic fall.

Ontario Wanderer said...

We had 1 trick-or-treat person this year up from 0 last year. I dried some apple slices for the apple-chip treats just in case. Guess we will have to eat the rest.

William Kendall said...

Cats will be cats.

Kay said...

We didn't have any trick or treaters last night and haven't had any for several years now. I just can't get into any holiday spirit this year. I hope it gets better next year.

Anvilcloud said...

Cinnamon has a bit of the devil in him.

Cloudia said...

Quite a circus you have there ringmaster!