Friday 19 November 2021

It's crazy times out there

Horrid news from out west in the flooding. Lots of people are coming to the aid of those trapped, homeless, without heat or water.

I keep trying to look for the positives in the disaster in British Columbia. They are sending in the military, and neighbours are helping neighbours, if possible. One dude was transporting 76 dogs and cats for adoption, and he posted on Facebook for help since he was stranded in the floods. They were headed to the lower mainland to new owners. People have stepped up and the animals have been fostered until they can get to their destination in Vancouver.

They've partially opened a few of the highways, but others will be weeks or months. 

B.C. bridge

We took a big drive to Carleton Place to fetch some more supplements for JB. OK, not such a big drive, 40 minutes. This dude I watched in the rear view mirror. He passed us on the highway into town and the truck that was tailgating me, at the same time. There was oncoming traffic approaching. Only to be stuck at the red light in front of us. I must admit I wished him some harm as he sped up and away. I just don't need the stress. 


We stopped at the library, thank goodness for murder mysteries to take my mind off things. I just finished Tumbled Graves, by Brenda Chapman. It's in a series and is A Stonechild and Rouleau mystery #3. We picked up #4.

We made it to our destination, and while Joseph Brian was picking up his stuff I spotted a huge build beside the RA centre where our naturopath works: Stoneridge Manor Long-term Care. I haven't been here in ages, often JB drives in on his own.


It must be cold up there on the roof. We were to have flurries yesterday, and a cold front has moved in. Thankfully, we didn't have to cope with that. The snow has melted, for now. JB popped into the store and bought us a lasagna and chili for our respective dinners. 

I have to switch up the bears, since I couldn't see the bird feeders for the bear's head. 

While I was arguing with CRA in my head at 4 a.m., I missed seeing the partial lunar eclipse. That could have been fun, if it wasn't so cold out. 

Let us see what today brings. I hope it will be more good news about people getting rescued, and getting water and hydro back. In the meantime, I put up our Christmas tree. I hope it gives you a giggle.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...this is the season for crazy weather!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It has just been awful, the flood news... and the way the rain has been here, there are already flood warnings here too. This is how it will be now...

Those bears are just a true delight... but I have to say I don't handle flashing lights too well, so skipped the vid. YAM xx

Jeanie said...

Where are the police when drivers are like that. If nothing else, they deserve a very big fine. We hate seeing the same and know just what you mean. It always kind of cracks me up in an ironic way when someone speeds by you in an urban setting, only to find yourself sitting next to them at the stoplight ahead. Really? Was it worth it?

William Kendall said...

I was actually up and saw it. It was very, very close to a total eclipse. A delight.

Nancy J said...

I missed the lunar eclipse too, didn't even see the moon before I went to bed at at 4.45, there it was, in golden colour!! Driving is so stressful down here too, and as the Christmas rush nears, people get crazy and HAVE to be anywhere earlier.I think I will do all the shopping online or do cash or vouchers.I would think the roof would be so slippery with even a little snow up there.

Gaelyn said...

Been a tough year in the PNW. Glad people are helping each other. Unlike your rude driver. Have to be able to see the bird feeder. Love your tree!

RedPat said...

I didn't even know there was a lunar eclipse but it was cloudy when I went to bed so I probably wouldn't have been able to see it.

Red said...

there was much swearing here when I realized that I missed the eclipse.

DUTA said...

So, Climate Change had its eyes on British Columbia. May God help those in distress from the floods!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

British Columbia is showing us what climate change means. It is here and it is real. I cannot even imagine what people are going through out there.

Lorrie said...

The bears are cute and lighten up the darkness of these early evenings. The ripple effects of the floods and landslides here just keep multiplying. It's good to stay home.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, I like your Xmas tree!

Ontario Wanderer said...

Love your tree. We often have one that size too.

Cloudia said...

I've become a very defensive and yielding driver. And no more motorcycles for me. People are too crazy right now. We certainly are living in a time of disasters. Many of us grew some. But others are just acting gruesome. Stay safe and bright my friend aloha

DrumMajor said...

Hope all of the roads can get back in shape soon. What an unfortunate mess. Love your Christmas; mine's a Charlie Brown tree too. I had a stray tree in my front yard once, so I found a big red ball and tried to bend it's only branch down like the Charlie Brown tree. Poo: it snapped and broke. Linda in Kansas

Anvilcloud said...

It was cloudy and cold. I went to bed and didn't think of it again.

Kay said...

You have the perfect Charlie Brown Christmas tree!