Saturday 11 April 2009

NaPoWriMo #11 - the movies

NaPoWriMo #11 - seen any good movies lately?
No, but I made two: Josephine & Jesse's swim.

Josephine
jelly bean
cutest baby
I've ever seen

I loathe going to movies. I just cannot stand the attitudes of some of the other patrons. Both of us are vertically challenged and often end up behind tall people and in front of talkers. We are happy to rent movies.

Movies

popcorn candy
bright lights
action
noises and smells
can't see the caption

too many previews
too much noise
adults in the theatre
acting like boys

ugliest carpets
you've ever seen
what were they thinking
a nude love scene?

tall man short woman
can't see the screen
under my foot
an old jelly bean

people talking
and throwing food
shhh! Be quiet
I'm not in the mood

shoot em up
cuss them out
swearing to beat the band
beam me up Scottie
people I can't stand

5 comments:

giggles said...

I LOVE going to the movies...and I agree with you about other patrons attitudes.... I go after the flick has been out for a long time and then I go to the latest show (often 9:30-10pm) on an Saturday night, when (hopefully) most people are off doing other things (Feel free to use your imagination here...!)

Sometimes I get unlucky though... I think people don't have a clue as to how noisy/inconsiderate they can be....

Tonight? Outside my norm... I'm gonna go to see "Watchmen." Wish me luck!

Erin Davis said...

This is great. All the frustrating things about going to the movies in a rhythmic poem. And Josephine is adorable!

Wayne Pitchko said...

good one...we dont go to movies ..never...we stay home..so we can pause every time its pee pee time...but I sure love lots of old movies.

Barrie said...

What fun poems! Although I don't think I've ever had too many previews.

Indrani said...

You made a good one. And yes it has been a long time since we had been to a movie hall.