Wednesday 29 April 2009

napowrimo #29: I don’t think I can

napowrimo #29: prompt: I don’t think I can

I don't think I can
or I won't
this is my new mantra
leave out the don't

I will do
what I want to do
I will be positive
I will be true

I will help others
I will have positive thoughts
I will love
I will trust
I will
I must


I will embrace
in my mind's agility
opportunities to play
to the best of my ability

to genuflect
is not my style
to sit and accept
and ponder awhile

I will have hope,
dignity, joy and love
if I choose
and I will

This work is © Jennifer Jilks.

5 comments:

Derrick said...

Hello Jenn,

A good interpretation and twist on the prompt - and lovely pics!

Jenn Jilks said...

Thank you, Derrick! I just found the prompt so negative and wanted to be positive...

Bsquared86/Bsquared0408 said...

Positivity! What a breath of fresh air! Thank you for this! I enjoyed both the poem and the pictures!

Jenn Jilks said...

Bsquared86 - you are so kind to say! These are all first drafts, for NaPoWriMo, and I intend going back over them now that poetry month is over. Whew! It kept me busy!

Cloudia said...

Great spirit to this post, Jenn!
And thanks sO much for adding your review of my book to your side-bar. You are a dear heart and an appreciated friend. Your book is full of support, information and so much more for care-givers. Once I get a few moments to myself, I'd plan to review it on Amazon. Glad we found each other. Aloha, Sister