Monday 27 April 2009

My World Tuesday


Emily sits quite still
she misses her mom and dad
she gazes at her daffodils
dad planted each one with love
crocus, tulips, lupins
they arise from slumber
small green leaves form in the cool air
a carpet of hope












like the buds
nature will soon burst
with life flowers
blossoms blooming in red and pinks and gold
their green leaves begin to form








Emily's feathered friends visit her
Charlie munching thoughtfully on clover
vigilant for human and feral danger
angels watch over her shoulder
as the carpet of clover awakes
leaves decay dead brown
their nourishment feeds the bright green







as tourists return
they leave their garbage
floating along the water surface
how does she convince them?
this is our world
our earth
not to be abused


we must practice good stewardship
many toil to educate
we must show respect
love Our World





Visit other worlds: at the My World meme.


My World Black

6 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

Good luck keeping the wolves from your door. We so abuse this wonderful planet, will we ever learn!!!?

I went to Dying With Dignity, having lost my 36 year old son-in-law to brain cancer two years ago, this issue is still fresh in my mind. I closed my shop to run my daughters' so she could be home care-giving in his final days. It was well worth the sacrifice...they spent his final days on the deck he built and loved, with his 2 Irish setters at his side.

Who knows what was going through his mind, as the cancer eat him alive(or chemo)...but, we could tell by the smiles on his face, that he was in a better place.

Thanks for stopping by!

sharon

Jenn Jilks said...

It is usually the women who suffer financially when a family member is ill. I am currently volunteering with Hospice Muskoka to help out a family. We are so under-funded in this area. Health care sends people home to die, the best place, and the least expensive, but with taxpayers demanding tax cuts we are hard-pressed to even meet the needs of this type of support.

Thank you, Sharon, for stopping by.

George said...

Thanks for a very thoughtful post.

Cloudia said...

This post was like a healing treatment, Jenn.
Ahhh!
Aloha ;-)
Loving your useful book!!!!!!!!!! more later

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks so much, Cloudia. I am glad it helps. I have a palliative care client right now. I have been doing a few posts on this. I'll send you the URLs!

erin said...

thanks for sharing your world with us this week. enjoyed you photos and thoughts.
have a good wednesday.