Sunday 4 September 2022

Sundance Artisan Show

 The Sundance Artisan Show was held, as usual, in Maberly, Ontario. It's a half hour drive, in a lovely setting, and the day looked fine. 

 

We thought the tractor pulled over to let us pass, we pulled around, but he ended up turning into our former MPP's property. Whoopsie! I found out where he lives, as he posted a .jpg of his bail conditions release order, which gives his address. 

Anyway, on with the show. You'll notice the colours!







I think getting there was half the fun! The birds are flocking, another sign of Autumn. Blackbirds, grackles or something, as well as Canada Geese doing practice flights.


Nearly there!




The Cat's Meow is a sponsor. They are our 'spa' location for our cats when we travel. Cassandra also has taken training to do cat baths, and puts on cat claw tips. She is famous for her Facebook page, where she takes selfies with her clients. It is fun. Her visitors have some of the most creative cat names ever!



Lots of artisans, as well as honey, syrup, and preserves.





There are two levels, and the path that runs beside the river is quite lovely.

Up top, it was quite hot in the sunshine.

OK, my favourite piece was the Great Blue Heron stained glass design by Glass Addict. JB offered to gift it to me for my birthday, but at $675 is was a bit much. The hours and skill that went into it is just amazing, I believe in paying artisans for their work, but it just doesn't fit the budget! 

We picked up three Christmas presents, which will be kept hidden! I'll give you on clue, though: Peggys Passions Jewelry!


From there we visited the Perth Fair, while we we dressed and looking decent. Ok, I confess, while I had my bra and my face on! Besides, it looked like rain today, and it was the best day for it this long weekend. We had 8 mm rain last night, which was welcomed. I feel badly for those artisans camping over in Maberley. 

16 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a lovely outing! ... I would have the delightful wee sunflower (lower right)... the leaves are just starting to turn here too. YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, the artisans are all camping out, as well as selling their wares under tents. Hope everything stayed dry. Yes, the walk by the water did look nice. Too bad about cost of stained glass picture. You can see a real heron and take it's photo!

Divers and Sundry said...

We used to go to the local craft fair every year but may not go this year. Your photos will help me not miss it so much :)

Karen said...

I hear geese flying over my house very early in the morning. just lately. The maple tree beside the garden shed is starting to put on her fancy dress too. She usually flares and drops earlier than the other maples enclosing the yard.

eileeninmd said...

The art festival looks fun, I like the wood carvings. The stained glass Heron is pretty. Have a great new week ahead.

William Kendall said...

A fine drive.

As to your former MPP, let's just say good riddance to that vindictive jerk.

RedPat said...

I have not been to any event like that for 3 years now. It was good to see people out & about.

Elephant's Child said...

What a truly wonderful drive and outing. Love the stained glass creations too.

Nancy J said...

The Heron is beautiful, maybe next year. Autumn colours in the leaves, down here our maple shrubs are starting to look like they believe spring is on the way.

Red said...

there's always something interesting to go to.

The Furry Gnome said...

I did notice those fall colours, and that giant mushroom!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a great craft and artisan show. I enjoyed your photos because we may not have one again this year.

Sounds like the MPP is in hot water and denial.

Patio Postcards said...

That looks like a well attended fair or fete. A pretty drive to the fair but oh no, tooooo early for the leaves to be turning (IMO).

Anvilcloud said...

You seem to have enjoyed the outing. I can miss fall fairs at this point of my existence.

Olga said...

I love craft fairs although these days I am a looker rather than an accumulater.

Crafty Green Poet said...

That looks like a lovely fair!