Saturday 17 September 2022

Saturday's Critters

 Here we are, Saturday's Critters, again. I am happy for the weekend. During COVID-19 we had our granddaughters every other week. During that time my previous client passed away. I am slowly recovering.

I had my first volunteer gig since March 2020 on Friday. After 4 hours I was mentally exhausted. I kept my mask on, sitting in a large room, with a high ceiling I was probably good, but why risk it with strangers. It was the first time since COVID that I'd sat indoors in a new setting. 

Leftovers for dinner, our New Zealand mystery show (on Amazon Prime, Barbara R.!), and a glass of wine did the trick. It's just about the silliness I need, in between solving the mystery, AC! 

Thanks to Eileen for hosting  Saturday's Critters # 457! I have a variety of critters who passed by. Two trailcams have provided lots of critters, mostly the one down the hill, through the forest where they skirt the wetland. The one on the driveway picked up some action, as well. 


Coyote

 

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Some are afraid of the trailcam, others are not.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The coyotes were using the driveway, as they tend to do.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The red fox happened by. Cinnamon had gotten a mouse and I put the body out in front of the trailcam.

red fox from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The deer with the misshapen antlers came by. I've read it could be from hormonal issues. He'll lose them in January or February and begin next year. I've combined two camera videos and you can see how my 'new' camera is really inadequate.

buck antler from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Our young fisher was back. Bouncing along the path. I took the clip, slowed it down, and zoomed in.

fisher from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The porcupine waddled by! All the critters are fattening up for winter.

porcupine from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Finally, the doe and fawn are hanging about some. You can see that she is still lactating, although she tolerates the fawn suckling less and less!

lactating doe from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so neat that you see so many of the same animals and can identify them. I love the trail cams and appreciate your effort in sharing them!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
You should claim national park status for your acreage! YAM x

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, thanks for telling me how to get the New Zealand show. Maybe... Loved seeing all these critters! What fun pics. I do hope the poor deer with crooked horns will be able to grow straighter ones next season. Have a great rest of the weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Great captures from your trail cam. I love the deer and the fisher.
Awesome critters. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you so much for sharing your (to me) exotic critters.

RedPat said...

You have the most critters of anyone else.

William Kendall said...

There's something quite likable in the way a porcupine walks around.

Shiju Sugunan said...

I enjoyed the videos, the last two didn’t play. Intriguing antlers, hope the deer sheds it soon.

Andree said...

Love it! Can't get better than a game camera! But oh boy, that fisher cat! I used to be in the territory of one and I'm glad I don't seem to be now.

Cloudia said...

Do not be embarrassed to stay safe! Life is worth protecting. Have a beautiful Sunday!

DrumMajor said...

LOTS of critters! I'd be afraid to walk outside at night on your place. Linda in Kansas

Divers and Sundry said...

Covid ain't over yet. It's best to be careful.

I am forever impressed by the variety of your wildlife.