Friday 29 October 2021

Fall chores

I kept track last year, too [Fall chores, 2020]. Here we go!

  • Shut down fountain
  • Goldfish inside into the fish tank (Oct. 14th)
  • Frogs down to the frog pond (Oct. 14/15)
  • Drain hoses
  • Cover fountain
  • Bird feeder tree up
  • Prepare Christmas lights
  • Clean up the back deck (Oct. 23)
  • Heater in bird bath(Oct. 23)
  • Ditch diving before the snow falls. (Oct. 24)
  • Shut down the pond pump <= this is difficult as I've drained the hoses. sigh. (Oct. 29)
  • Check the eavestrough for leaves (Oct. 31)
  • Straighten the chimney cover (Nov. 2)
  • Empty water barrels (1 of 2 are done; #2 done Nov. 3)
  • Remove vines on deck, wash rails, glass (Nov. 7)
  • Haul wood from the shed
  • Bring battery in from lawn tractor 
  • Put the snow blower in the garage
  • Burlap on rhododendrons
  • Rake/sweep middle deck
  • Clean up gardens, put away fragile decor
  • Mulch leaves, again!

 I redid the driveway with the lawn tractor. The leaves are falling like mad. They are nearly done.


More chores... I spray painted the flowers and drained the water fountain. It is wrapped up in a tarp now. The freeze/thaw could damage it.



Faery lights put away for winter.

First frost Oct. 23  and I put the heater in. By the time I returned from the forest, it was melting.

I usually pop the white outdoor Christmas tree on the top of the overturned barrel. The bottom has rotted out of it. I think I figured out a stand for it. Now, all I need is my helpers to put it together! They are happily back at school, though.


Of course, I'll be mulching leaves awhile longer!

Ditch diving resulted in a half bag of beer cans, face masks, plastic bottles...

The chimney cover is a bit tilted. I'll do that when I do the eavestrough.

The deck is cleared, ready for snow!

A dirty bird pooped on the window. I went outside with a spray bottle of water, but it did nothing. I ended up removing the screen, and opening the window as wide as possible, and slid my arm behind to clean off the spot.



I decided to go put my feet up and watch a movie, but sadly they are starting Christmas movies! NNNnnnnoooooo!


At midnight, Chad Coyote had a treat, prosciutto which JB didn't like. Chad left his mark, as well. 

   

 Chad begins up at the house, crossing the property at trailcam #1, travelling 250m past trailcams #2 and #3.

  

 

11 comments:

Tom said...

...the chores can be endless.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Lists are good, even when they have to be repeated! No better way to see one's way through it all. Keeps you out of mischief...&*> YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

You never stop.

Out To Pasture said...

That's quite a long list, Jennifer. Like you, the thought of the big freeze coming prods me on.

RedPat said...

You are a busy woman!

Nancy J said...

Chad is a bit twitchy!! Even the aroma of a feed wasn't enough to make him slow down.Those leaves, one year when we had a huge horse chestnut ornamental tree, Hugh was away, and I collected 27 bags of leaves with the rake, and deposited them in the firewood plot, Love the idea of you and the ride on, a lot easier.

William Kendall said...

Aggghhh.... Christmas movie season. My version of hell.

Cloudia said...

You are amazing!

Linda said...

I'm a list maker too, and have been known to add something after it is completed just to cross it out for the satisfaction of doing it!

Jeanie said...

You've been so productive. I have to get out today and do much of what you are doing. You inspire me.

Kay said...

Wow! You have accomplished so much. I'm really impressed.