Friday 1 October 2021

Groceries & other excitement

 Funny story! 

I did a pick-up grocery order for JB on Wednesday night. With his arm issues, it saves him a lot of work. I reserved the 9:30 – 10:00 timeslot. Thursday morning JB set off for his walk. The phone was low on juice, so he kept it off whilst walking. The thought occurred to me that I didn't get an order confirmation. I went back to the website, and thought about it. There were items in my cart. I knew we had a problem.

I phoned Debbie at the store, as she was filling someone else's order. I asked if the order had gone through and she said no. SIGH. I told her the issue with the phone, and that if JB turned up just tell him I screwed up! JB phoned me before going to the store, which was a good thing. I told him it was off. He's going for a nice cup of coffee! I went walkies.

I went back to the order online, and they were full the rest of Thursday, so I booked 9:30 – 10 for Friday. After I thought about it, I realized I had a haircut booked for 9 a.m., but I cannot change the pickup time now. Good thing I have short hair!


I don't even remember what plants this is. I think pumpkin, but since they nibble on it, and there is no fruit to inspect...I give up!

We still have cherry tomatoes, but it was 5˚ C. this morning, so it won't be long before frost.

Time to work on indoor plants. My terrarium is just wild. The plants are escaping confinement. The one has lovely little purple flowers. I've been trimming them, as they overflow, but their roots are large.


🐻SNUGGLE Bears

They are reading about Sable Island!


Butch in the forest  


The chickadees were taunting Cinnamon, who was up a tree! chickadees & Cinnamon  

 

8 comments:

Tom said...

...my garden is in its last leg.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...this reminds me I need to put in a grocery order... The terrarium is fabulous! YAM xx

Gaelyn said...

I thought terrarium plants grew inside the glass. LOL Yellow flower looks like a squash or melon which makes them edible. I like them with cheese in a tortilla. Have I told you, I love your yard and all the activity. May have to get a night cam for my new place as I'm sure missing a bunch of wildlife I think.

William Kendall said...

The raccoons are on their patrols.

DUTA said...

Still arm issues? Why? He shouldn't give up looking for the cause and remedy. Now is the time. In winter things usually get worse.

Lorrie said...

It's garden clean up time around here, too. My squash and bean vines are looking very sad.
Hope the hair cut / grocery order dance works out well.

Anvilcloud said...

I got caught on that early in the pandemic and found that although I had reserved a time, I hadn't actually placed the order. These days, I choose to hobble around the store.

Jeanie said...

It could be a squash or pumpkin blossom. It looks lovely. Frustrating about the pick-up times. I suppose not unexpected but still...!