Saturday 23 October 2021

Saturday's Critters

Things are looking up here! We've been out and about, and eating out. Latest vaxx numbers from Leeds/Grenville/Lanark show that: 97.5 % of residents have first dose, and 93.5 % have had second. 

 The critters are on the move. It is both rutting season (or darn close) and they are gathering in winter yards. Many birds have flown south. You can see why!

I continue to do my fall chores. The fountain is shut down. I have to put the heater in the bird bath today. (I keep that going all winter. )There are some bird feeders out. By now the bears are settled into a habitat. 


There was some kerfuffle in the backyard. One kept taking a whack as the little one bugging her. My theory is that the doe is a sister to the other doe, and the family hangs out together in winter. Our little habitat is the winter yard for the does and their offspring.

I was up on the deck and noticed the deer. Cinnamon had a keen deer watching him! He was playing in the wild catnip.


We had a fisher in the forest. It is that time of year. I saw the fisher Oct. 3, 2020 last year.

 

 Down at the frogpond there are the usual critters. There are some mouse holes here. I've been trying to put the trailcam here to figure out what they are. The camera's wingnut isn't working well and it shifts. Here are the holes.


The camera picked up the coyote, more or less! I keep moving it to find the sweet spot. 

 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...mores critter galore and what a header.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Great variety of critters. I always love your deer videos. The doves are sweet and the chickadee is a cutie. I would not want to see a coyote hanging around, I hope it has moved on. Thank you for linking up and sharing your critters and post. Take care, have a happy weekend! PS, I appreciate your comment and visit.

Anvilcloud said...

Well, there should be deer and birds for winter, and that is a very good thing.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh, this was some fabulous footage...and fun! YAM xx

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your new banner is gorgeous! WOW! You have a lot of color right now. And I always enjoy your critter cam videos! Thanks!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

PS Is that last video a coyote or a fox? I've never seen such a bushy tail on a coyote! Amazing!

RedPat said...

Such an active place! Your vaccine numbers are great!

Nancy J said...

That bushy tail and a beautiful close up of his face. Vaxx numbers, our powers that be are hoping for an increase specially in the Auckland area then the border round that area will be opened. However stupid silly people leave and fly to the South Island, get off the plane, and say " I have a sore throat.Can I have a Covid test please?" Guess what... he was positive, the first + case there in over 300 days.The locals want some serious answers to how he could fly south, was he coming from a restricted travel area, and so much more.Your trees, what gorgeous colours, truly autumn glory at its finest.

Kay said...

Wow! Your header is amazing! Fall is definitely with you.

William Kendall said...

Deer certainly do find cats curious.

Red said...

There comes a time in the fall when everything that has to be done is done.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Another set of interesting videos. Nice post as always.

Breathtaking said...

Hello,:=) Your header image is glorious. The colours are so bright, it makes me feel happy just looking at it. I enjoyed seeing your critter visitors. The water heater for the bird bath is a novelty to me,..what a good idea.
All the best,and Take Care.

NatureFootstep said...

nice to see your deers. Where I live they seem to have moved elswhere. Where I used to see many I hardly see any nowadays.
Love your new header. We had these colros for several weeks now. And finally the leaves are dropping. It has been an unusual fall.