Saturday 30 October 2021

Trailcam Critters: buck, coyote, bear

 Firstly, out the front window... The grounds crew were here. They are munching on weeds, grass, and dead branches, filling their bellies for the long winter ahead. We don't see them as much in the summer, other than on the trailcams, where they are frequent fliers. It was 3 C. in the morning.

I believe this is a pair of twins, the one in the foreground has little antler buds. Can you see the one on the left? It's behind the Christmas tree. 



10/18/21 The buck was munching on plants at trailcam #3.

   

 Trailcam #2 is supposed to be checking out who is living in this little den. Mostly, I'm finding bigger critters!

 
 

Trailcam #2 – I'm glad I put this trailcam here. Bear did a selfie. I haven't seen a bear since Aug. 15th.  


Now, sometimes my brain defeats me at my purpose. I was down at the trailcams, exchanging the SD cards. Normally, I put the new cards in my right pockets, and carefully put the ones harvested into my left pocket. I must have had a brain f@rt. When I went back to them, I realized that the video above wasn't all I had captured of the bears. I put together several clips, from trailcan #3.

 You can hear them snuffling the camera. The last one knocked the camera askew. I should have thought about it at the time! I captured them coming and going.


 

 We had a Momma bear with triplets in August (see below), but they were smaller, so it has to be a different Momma.


Thanks, Eileen for hosting: Saturday's Critters # 411.


19 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Oh my, I love the bear selfies, a great critter. The deer are always pretty, a nice ground crew cleaning up for you. Great videos and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, I appreciate your link and comment.

Tom said...

...your cams sure have been active.

Anvilcloud said...

We back onto McNeely with a school and the daycare centre opposite. This morning, there was a poor, little, lost fawn over there. Hopefully, it found it's way to woods without getting run over.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That first bear looked across and wondered, "What the Great Bear is that thing?" and checked it out.

That could very well be the same mama bear; rare for all three to survive. Two remain and have grown in those two months... YAM xx

Christine said...

We are not the only ones that do winter prep! Thanks for letting me know I forgot to turn comments on my last post.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The bears really are something to see! My bear banner today is just a sign they have on the trails cautioning 'bear activity'! I played with it! lol

DeniseinVA said...

Always fun to see your critters. The bear close-ups made me laugh, along with all that huffing and puffing. Wonderful photos and videos Jenn!

Breathtaking said...

Hello, :=) Wow! Bears in your garden! How wonderful. The deer images are great.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your trailcams!! The sights you see.

RedPat said...

You must be the star of Saturday's Critters this week!

Nancy J said...

I hope your trailcam is fastened on very tightly, Nothing like a selfie or two, complete with fogging the lens and the snuffling!!!

William Kendall said...

Critters are fascinated by your trailcams.

Bindu said...

Wow! your trail cams capture wonderful things!

Red said...

Always good to see your trail cam shots.

Kay said...

Bears? You got bears running around close to you? Scary.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I love watching the bears.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Nice to see the bear and deer. Liked the bear selfie :))

Cloudia said...

Gosh these are thrilling!

NatureFootstep said...

so lovely to see them. :)