Saturday 2 October 2021

Saturday Critters!

Things are slowly turning. I've 16 froggies in the goldfish pond. Happily, it is raining and I may be able to find a spot to put them before freeze up. The pond is too shallow for them to hunker down in over the winter.


I went shopping for pumpkins! 


First up, briefly, the coyote. S/he left its mark in the backyard, too! coyote 


Then, there is Butch. I counted 7!

   

 I haven't seen porcupine in ages!
 


The doe ran from our furthest lot towards the trailcam, with a giant leap! It is impressive. doe aleaping  
  


A doe and young 'un were nibbling in the front yard in the pouring rain. singing in the rain! 
  



14 comments:

Tom said...

...thanks for checking from critterville!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Busy yard, as ever - long may it be so! YAM xx

RedPat said...

So many frogs! They are lucky to have you looking out for them.

Christine said...

Yes, it's pumpkin time, I am painting one!

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of raccoons.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You have a bunch of wildlife where you live. I love your trail cams.

Cloudia said...

Oh these are extraordinarily sweet it's so great to see Jenn!

Red said...

Fall brings many changes. I don't understand why the frogs stay in a pool not suitable for winter.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your yard is a critter magnet, the frogs must love your pond.
Great captures of the raccoons, porcupine and my favorite the deer. Thank you for the link and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy new week! PS, Thanks for the comment and visit.

Breathtaking said...

Hello,:=) You really did buy a large amount of pumpkins. I like your photos of them on your gate and fence. I have been eating a lot of pumpkin soup, it's really good. That's a mighty leap the doe made, and it makes a wonderful wild life image. Your Header is lovely, lots of fall colours in this beautiful image.

Hope all is well, all the best.

Shiju Sugunan said...

I liked the giant leap in slow motion.

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of having a pond! What a nice spot for your frogs -- and 16 is a lot of them!

NatureFootstep said...

lol, you have many friends visiting at night. :)
I did not know what porcupine wa so I had to look it up. A strange little cerature. :)

I hope you can save your little frogs :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like seeing the nighttime videos and you sure capture a lot of critters at night!