Thursday 4 February 2021

Winter progresses...

Winter progresses. We had 5 cm snow yesterday. My hand were sore for hours after. It's all good exercise, however.

The buck still has his antlers. He should shake them off soon! Once the hormones decline with the cold and lack of food, the blood supply drops off, and they drop off. This is the spot where I had lots of snowshoe hare tracks. No hare, though!

JB has named the turkeys: Otto and Stan. There were three, but the coyotes nabbed one in November [The turkey incident]. I spotted them on a walk, far off in the forest. wild turkeys  

 

The doe was quite concerned about Oregano Feb 1 & 2  , our feral nocturnal visitor.

 
  
I talk to the animals. Don't you?! doe a deer  

 

Finally, cats . I moved the trailcam to the deck. It's very clear. I hope you love the antics of our twins. This was a test. I'll see if I can get feral Oregano on it!

 


7 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Your cats look well fed and happy.

Tom said...

...our snow has kept me busy cleaning up too.

Christine said...

5 cms is not bad!

RedPat said...

You could have a YouTube channel of animal clips! ;-)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
D'ya think Otto and Stan were trying to keep their feet off the cold stuff by practising the hi-wire??! And of course you must talk to the animals! YAM xx

Red said...

I alas say "Hello Bud" when I meet deer or a jack rabbit sitting there thinking I can't see him.

William Kendall said...

It is fun to watch the cats.

I too tend to talk to animals.