Wednesday 17 February 2021

As predicted, a snowstorm!

We had a bit of snow. There was 22 cm, with spots on the driveway that were windblown and up over 30 cm in spots. 



You can see the wind blowing the snow off of the roof! It's windy. Coffee was called for, as well as an end to the snowfall.
 Out I went. I didn't bother with my morning workout.  Guinevere is up to her neck in snow!


I love those crisp edges! 

Poor JB had a fall on his walkabout. I threw the snow across his walking path. He had his cane and managed to get up. There was lots of snow to cushion him!

The birds are happy at the feeder. I cleaned them off and filled them. The trees are heavily laden. I did not venture down to the far trailcams, I'll need snowshoes for that. Maybe today...

I made the mistake of watching this movie after I finished and had my shower. Their plane crashes and they are stuck on the mountain, in the COLD! I had to nestle under the blanket in my cozy chair! It was a bit chilly! Filmed in Vancouver, B.C., it was beautiful. 

In the meantime, it began snowing again! You'll note I dug out a path to the rain gauge. I need to do it again. Adding insult to injury!

The birds are so pretty! I got serious and put on the big zoom lens, atop the tripod. Not so bad! There was a lot of action.




The poor deer! This yearling was snow covered.
Then there is our young buck. He still has one antler! This is unusual. He should have lost it by now.


February is proving to be a snowy month! 



14 comments:

Tom said...

...we got snow, but not as much as forecasted. WOW, -22C, it was -13C here this morning.

carol l mckenna said...

Snow always looks pretty from the inside of the house ~ lots of wonderful critters for you to see ~ Hope JB is okay and doesn't fall again ~ You are one busy lady ~ Be safe ~ be warm and cozy ~

Moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I did enjoy that movie - even if the premise was a little improbable. Two delightful actors are what carried it; easy to imagine it tipping into the tacky with less capable thespians. Stay warm darlings!!! YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Seriously cold, and down in Texas, the unaccustomed cold snap is causing havoc everywhere. JB, take care out there, wear yaktrax or similar, have you walking poles with a spike?Even here it is cool for summer, 10C at our place, 2 C and a frost in the far south!!!

Cloudia said...

BRRRR!

RedPat said...

That is cold! Hope you stay warm!

Anvilcloud said...

I commiserate with JB as I walked on the snowy trail with my cane today. I didn’t fall and enjoyed the walk but I kept it short for sure.

Red said...

I'd say that it's a very unpleasant day.

NatureFootstep said...

Lol, I like snow, but I can do without storm! We have a Swedish word "lagom" meaning not too little and not too much. Just right! :)
Love your wildlife.

William Kendall said...

That sounds like about the amount of snow we got.

The Liberty Belle said...

I like your snowy pics. Glad that you were able to settle in with a good movie to watch.

Lorrie said...

Stay warm! That's a lot of snow.

Angie said...

Jenn - I can never get enough of snow - bring it on! I remember that movie - it was intense! This is why I am nervous about my hubby taking flying lessons! Stay warm, my friend!

Kay said...

Wow! Winter is definitely here everywhere. My daughter in Illinois had 29" of snow in 48 hours. They've got a leak in the roof from ice damming.