Monday 8 February 2021

Happy Monday!

Here we are, another week begins. We're doing our part, staying home. Our Ontario cases are in decline. 

It's not too exciting around here. I am content, however. I play online Scrabble with Caitlin. She's so clever!


I enjoy my Angry Birds, too. When I went to bed, around 9 p.m., I was 8th. In the morning, I was 10th. 


I trimmed my hair, yet again. I cut my ear! Sigh. They are danged sharp scissors. Yes, you may laugh!

My son, Jesse, bought me a year-long subscription to StoryWorth. It's been fun. They send me a prompt on Mondays, and I take the prompt and go with it. It inspired me to sign up, again, with Ancestry. I had questions about my father's family. While I am adopted, as is my brother, Jilks is an unusual name, and the research keeps me amused.

This was a voting record from 25 Walker Ave. My parents shared their place with my Mom's foster sister, Vera Ward. They rented, and eventually bought the place. The Wards ended up in Quebec. 


It's been cold. We're still doing regular walks. 
The other day we had 14 deer. Yesterday, 15.  This morning I noticed the buck has lost one antler. I wonder if I can find it! 

 

The youngsters antics are a hoot! The Deer, plus Otto, and Stan  (of turkey!) JB named them.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...it sounds like you have a lot of good activities to keep yourself going in this bitterly cold weather.

RedPat said...

15 deer! Amazing!

Nancy J said...

Scrabble is a great game to keep your brain alert, and memory good. Love the deer playing, Stan and Otto didn't seem to be worried at all.

Lorrie said...

It's good that Covid cases are declining in ON. They are here, too, but too slowly, so our restrictions have been extended "indefinitely". It's becoming very weary. Staying occupied is easy for me, but I wish I could help my children more - they struggle with staying at home with their little ones, and they all work from home, too. Not easy times.

William Kendall said...

The deer appear to be getting through the winter okay, but must be anxious for spring regardless.

Red said...

I've been down the ancestry rabbit hole recently. It's surprising what you find out there.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Oh my, you were not kidding when you said it was cold!!

I sign on to ancestry every once in a while. I get tired of all the teasers to get me to sign up for a membership. It is kind of eye opening. We found a cousin we didn't know we had. Amazed me how some family members loved the news, and others got angry. She was put up for adoption as a baby and was supposedly a secret.

Karen said...

What a playground!
Is your area opening up on Wednesday?

Anvilcloud said...

I have been getting a little lost in ancestry recently.

Jenn Jilks said...

That's an interesting question, Karen. We are not opening up until next week. We only have 24 cases in our health unit. I think Premier Ford is pissed off with our MPP Hillier, who is running a counter campaign, protesting the lockdown. That's my theory.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's good that your Covid cases are declining :)

All the best Jan