Tuesday 2 February 2021

Hooray for winter!

It's been cold. It's lovely and fresh, though. 

We've snow on the way. A different storm, going counter-clockwise.


In the morning, the mice tease the cats. They've come in to get warm. I cannot convince the cats to go down to the basement, though. That's where the party is located.

My personal shopper bought a bit too much romaine lettuce. I thought I was so clever! I chucked out the lettuce for the deer. The Momma and yearling ate it, but I missed getting it on BOTH trailcams. It was gone in a half hour.

I love their fuzzy coat. doe a deer 

 TWO trailcams, one on the left, on the stake, the other on the horse chestnut tree.

There was a lovely video of the doe giving a stern warning to Nutmeg. I just provided a screenshot.

Batteries recharged, I had a video of Oregano , the feral cat.


Then, Cinnamon or Nutmeg, just for a size comparison.

Nutmeg from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

15 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Jenn, I've read all your recent posts and wrote a comment on your last post but it disappeared. I mentioned how you both have kept your heads, :) and how much your granddaughters are blessed to have such grandparents as the two of you. And the funny way Nutmeg sleeps too and of course, how much I enjoy your trail cam footages. Lovely to see your sketch today. We are healthy thankfully and staying away from people; what a great time to have a patch of land.

Christine said...

A great use for too much lettuce!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh that one of the deer looking straight into the lens... these are such precious views!!! YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Oregano needs feeding up, but out in -24C at that hour, he is intrepid or just plain hungry or lonely, Maybe one day he will venture out to visit in the daytime. Love the deer, also impervious to that cold.

Tom said...

...winter can be the pits if you don't embrace it!

RedPat said...

You are surrounded by animals! This snow storm is missing us.

Cloudia said...

Dang what an exciting country life!

Karen said...

Do you suppose he belongs to one of your neighbours? He looks pretty well fed for a feral kitty.

Olga said...

I am not so enthralled by snow🥶

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm not sure, Karen. I've asked on the local lake page. The tell me he's feral. The nearest people are a km away.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great videos ...
Brrr your temperatures are COLD!

Take care, keep warm and safe.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Seeing the deer look right into the trail cam makes it all worth it.

Lorrie said...

Your trail cams provide endless entertainment!

The Liberty Belle said...

Nutmeg looks as though a nice spot beside a warm fire would be just the thing. Have a wonderful day. :)

Anvilcloud said...

It would have been nice to get more snow than we did, but there is plenty on the ground. Our contractor came by during the night even though he didn't need to witht he rather small amount that we had.