Tuesday 16 February 2021

Winter storm warning!

My plan this week is to clean some. I was going to clean the fish tank (a monthly event) on Sunday, while the sun shone. I realized we've a big storm coming in on the Monday, so I thought I'd wait. 


I did it on Monday, and the fishies are happy.

It was a big dump of snow. Actually, it's still snowing! I'll get to it later. 

In the meantime, knowing it was going to snow, I went out to the wetland where I saw the coyote on the trailcam [ Coyote Feb 14]. He was eating something. Sure enough. I found it. It was the skull of our the deceased bunny.  I found a rabbit's foot once. That cycle of life!



When Jos and I watched the owl, it was on the ground eating, they flew up to the tree, moved to another tree, and then flew down onto the ground. I didn't want to disturb it that day, but I was curious to see if anything was left. It was durn good exercise, tromping through the knee-deep snow. 
This poor tree!

I crossed over the frog pond, and snapped a photo of the nesting boxes, waiting for their spring ducks!

The mourning doves  were nestled in the sun in the tree.
 

Cinnamon cat  came walkies


This was funny. I saw him, Oregano Feb 14 'd set off the motion sensor lights. I'd forgotten to put out food. He was on the deck. At the end of the video, if you watch, he disappears then runs along the driveway to where ever he hides out.

8 comments:

RedPat said...

We got a load of snow down here!

Anvilcloud said...

We got plowed out just un time for me weekly grocery pickup in less than an hour.

William Kendall said...

We got quite a lot of it in the night too.

Tom said...

...we received snow overnight, but not as much as they forecasted.

Lorrie said...

Trudging in a foot of snow is hard work! We did a little of that this weekend. Love the mourning doves, such a pretty colour. Stay warm!

Nancy J said...

Oregano is getting tamer,I wonder where he lives during the daytime.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! I am so glad to find 'you' again ~ always enjoy your posts ~ love the doves and your sweet kitty ~ it is amazing the feral? cat has survived ~ Hope you are all well ~ stay cozy and warm ~ Xxxx

Moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Kay said...

Those mourning doves look like they have their down coats on.