Wednesday 24 February 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 24 Monday

 Monday

We've a new buck.
 

18 deer Monday morning!

Everyone got up well Monday morning. Toast and cantaloupe for breakfast. (Grampa bought more cinnamon bagels later in the day!) Momma cut some cantaloupe up, and put it into a container and sent it over at the hostage exchange. Jos grabbed the container, and two forks. They took turns spearing it, fighting over the last ones.

I told Jos, "I'm going to have to tell Momma!" Jos pretended to quote me to Momma, "Your children don't share cantaloupe well."
Grampa said something about Canta loping across the tundra.  They love his puns and word play.

Grampa transformed the school bus into a helicopter bus. It came by precisely at 8:47. "WHOOP, WHOOP!" I wonder if we can create a motor for the rotor blades??!!

Cinnamon is enjoying algebra today. We know Jos likes it! She's a STEM girl.

Iz was watching videos of 'elephant toothpaste,' created by Mark Rober. You should Google it! They are doing science stuff on matter. 


School went well. At 1:45 when we had our 2nd break, we all went outside. Now, normally I take photos. However, Jos was the last out and she accidentally locked the door before I grabbed the camera. It snowed pretty much all day.
We went out, and the girls played in the snow. Jos and I went down to fetch trailcam videos. She said, "Gramma, come lie down in the snow with me."
    "OK, but you'll have to help me up! Too bad you locked us out, we can't do a selfie!"
    "Sure."
It was funny. It was cold on my legs, I don't have snowpants. She tried to help me up, but it didn't go well. We laughed and laughed. My knees aren't too good. Ah, my. It keeps me having fun.

They played around in the snow. We have quite a bit of it.

Izzy made the circle with her arm.

Back indoors, we completed our asynchronous work. Izzy did some passé composé. I asked if she wanted us to check it. Grampa is pretty good at that. She declined. She said, "I'll learn from my mistakes!"

Dinner was baked chicken and veggies.  We had a candle-lit dinner! This is the candle JB's late aunt got for us. She died in July, 2020: The end of an era.


Then, Crazy 8's for the three of us (Jos won), and Skip-Bo with Jos (Jos won). 

Grampa did some more entertainment, this time there was a prize! Dr. Watt returned with Darth Vader. It was a long performance. Dr. Watt pt 1


He is so funny, Dr. Watt pt 2.

  

There is so much fun to be had in the snow! This is what the kids can do with their iPhones! IMG_0170 

 

 

6 comments:

Tom said...

...only 18?

RedPat said...

Those kids are great!

Nancy J said...

I would be frozen to the bone if I was playing like they are, and what a lot of snow. No wonder the bus turned into the chopper, it would get stuck in a drift!!!

William Kendall said...

Those deer are a delight to have around.

Angie said...

Jenn - you are so young at heart, and I love it! I am sure the kids love that you play with them! And the final video was hilarious - what will they think of next???

Kay said...

How wonderful to spend time with the grandkids and WOW! That's a whole lot of snow.