Friday 5 February 2021

Forest walkies

We awoke, after the big snow, followed by wind storm. The wind whipped the cover right off the BBQ! 


Back in the house, Caitlin's orchid has grown from 2.5 cm to 3. Fingers crossed. Mine has a bud!


I went out with the intent of trying to find a doe. She seems to have a broken leg. I had two feline friends follow me.


Little teeny tiny mouse tracks!
Cinn went off the path to pee. This is good! The deer just poop where they are!

Wait for me! We'd lost Nutmeg in the back 40. She climbed a tree and didn't follow us to the other part of the forest.

Snow on a log.


Cinn and I made it back to the house. Nutmeg was on the front deck.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...snow adds a magical touch.

William Kendall said...

That is a good walk.

Christine said...

Toronto has been spared all that snow!

Nancy J said...

that is deep snow, I guess you crunched your way through, and I often wonder if the cats' paws get frostbite? I guess snow is so much softer than ice crystals like the dogs get on the Iditarod run.

RedPat said...

You and your guard cats out in the wilds!

DeniseinVA said...

I hope I am not repeating myself. Not sure if I sent this previously, momentary aberration :). I just wanted to say that every time I come here I think the same thing, you live in such a beautiful area and it looks gorgeous with all the snow and interesting tracks. I hope the doe with the poorly leg is okay. Seeing the mouse tracks was neat. Cinn and Nutmeg seem to enjoy exploring and I really love your dragon! I liked your orchid bud too, it will be nice to see it grow. I also have looked at all your recent videos and enjoyed them immensely. Thanks Jenn, have a great weekend :)