Sunday 7 February 2021

♩♪♫♬ Oh, the cat came back, the very next day...

 Here is the front deck. The heated cat house is in the foreground. On the chair, the trailcam.


Oregano Feb 5 came by for a midnight snack. You can hear him meowing. Now, I've read that cats only meow at humans. I don't know if he wants in, or what. He's not fixed, so that could be a problem. 

 

The cats were cold outside. Apparently a snuggle was called for. I was out a couple of times, and the wind is bitter, despite the sunshine. I went snowshoeing, using JB's shoes, and it was great exercise. The wetland is quite frozen. I got a chill, though, and had a hot bath.

  

COVID–19

We're managing with COVID–19. We've few cases (only 6 – Lanark West), relatively speaking.


We're waiting to hear if our health unit is opening up. Many of us are losing faith with our provincial government. We've low numbers, but we aren't opening up. Also, the powers-that-be aren't following the advice of the scientists. One has been fired after he spoke out. 

We're also waiting to hear about March, as there are rumours they will cancel March Break. Our grandies have been doing Virtual School since September and they are fried. So are we! We have the girls this week. Fortunately, Friday is a PD day. 

That said, there are way too many rich white Snowbirds in Florida, and AZ. We've new laws that enforce a 3-day quarantine in a hotel, at the person's expense. Many are complaining. Many are getting press coverage. They are paying to fly south, some in helicopters over the border, then trucking their cars across the border, too. 
Some snowbirds still flying south despite new travel rules — because they can
The 'Peeved Canadians' are claiming a fixed income, and they cannot afford to pay the $2000. Sigh. White people... JUST STAY HOME!

11 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Hi there! I'm trying to upload the next linky for Our World but seem to have lost my admin rights when I updated my iOS on my computer.

Can you add me again?
therealladyfi@gmail.com

Cheers! Lady Fi

Linda said...

We are hoping our stores open up this Wednesday. I'm really fed up with announcements that announcements are coming. Photo opportunities for sure!

Tom said...

...we are normally snowbirds, but not this year and not until it's SAFE!

Lady Fi said...

Nice shots and please ignore my previous comment as I have now managed to get into the Blogger admin page so that Our World is up and running as normal.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Kittens meow to get mama's attention... and I guess adult cats have learned that by being 'kittens' they get humans' attention!!! If you are succumbing to the idea of letting Oregano adopt you, then it clearly would call for a capture and vet visit first - then I wonder if he'd still be in love with you!!! YAM xx (Don't even get me started on the continuing health/social fiasco...)

RedPat said...

Sometimes you can just shake your head and keep yourself as safe as possible.

DUTA said...

Numbers can be misleading, and there's usually politics behind them.
Schools are said to open gradually here, in my country, in the following weeks, but most parents seem reluctant of sending their kids to school for fear of (as someone has bluntly put it) having to collect them from under the ventilators. I thought the younger the patient is, the quicker the healing, but the variants seem to ignore age.

Kay said...

My granddaughter in Chicago will be starting in-person learning in a few weeks. Fingers crossed.

What is it with Florida??? They were even giving away vaccines to people coming in from out-of-state and out-of-country.

William Kendall said...

I agree with Yamini.

Anvilcloud said...

I have a Flickr friend in Florida and has been for a month. He has been posting almost daily photos. I haven't commented or faved a single one. I don't hate him and will comment again when he returns and posts local photos. Of course, by then he may be done with me.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I don't wish to be mean-spirited, but I have little sympathy for people who get dinged with the $2,000 on their return to Canada. If they can afford to go south they can pay to help safeguard the rest of their fellow citizens who stayed here and did what was right for the general good. It even bugs me a little that they would choose Florida, and support the economy of that whack job DeSantis, and of course Trump is now in residence there too.