Tuesday 9 February 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 23

It's been lovely, if cold. I had a nice venture out onto the wetland on the weekend.


I noticed this little hole, yet I haven't seen any squirrels about. Maybe mice friends!

Off we went for the hostage exchange. It was snowing. I noticed a playpen of snowmen! Momma and Papa were doing an online cooking class in the afternoon. We came home and relaxed. 


There was a blizzard!
I really like the renos they have been doing on this house. They've a skating rink, and a new backyard sunroom.
In Perth, a happy snowman.

I woke to the sound of the door closing. Grampa was going out to feed his deer. Downstairs, I placed a couple of logs on the fire, to warm up the girls. Back upstairs for a few mouthfuls of coffee. I brought in the trailcam from the front porch. I noticed Oregano Feb 7   on the front deck before bed, when I went to check the front door. He ran onto the sidewalk. 

What a cute face! 

At the right time, I ambled downstairs and opened the curtain. We eased into the morning. Cinnamon roared into the room, under the curtain. 

We chatted about the day. I said no family walk, it's -18! Cinnamon roared back into the room. He'd eaten and wanted out. I walked out of the room, and didn't know Jos was right behind me. I screamed in fright! Isabelle ran out from behind the curtain, and said BOO! I screamed again. She was quite pleased with herself!!!

Grampa tried to lift us up from the Monday morning blues, and invented Dr. Watt. 


We had visitors who seem to be peckish.


Jos took a photo through the window and railing.


Grampa told another funny story, and they roared. 

Jos took photos of Cinnamon!




8 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that all the happy campers are staying warm.

Christine said...

It is a cold one today, stay warm!

DUTA said...

It's good you have the adequate space to help with your grandies. Everyone is talking now, in addition to covid and climate change, about human density and birth rate.

RedPat said...

The girls keep you on your toes!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure that the hole in the snow you show is that of a small mammal, but it reminds me that many years ago I saw an American Tree Sparrow emerge from underneath the snow at first light. It is exceedingly rare to have this species shelter under snow overnight and I have always regretted that I was unable to record the event.

Lowcarb team member said...

We had a very small flurry of snow earlier today, so different from yours!!!
Our temperatures, in my part of the UK will be about -3, Brrr, but so different from yours!!!

One thing you can say about February is the weather is perfect for warming soups, stews and casseroles.

Take care.
Stay safe and warm.

All the best Jan

PS I enjoyed your photographs and video

William Kendall said...

Oregano seems comfortable enough around the property.

NatureFootstep said...

lol, I like when it stays cole after snow has fallen. It is beautiful and you don´t have to be scare of slipppering on icy streets. Love your wildlife :) And your home seem cosy :)