Thursday 25 February 2021

Gramma Camp – Week 24 Tuesday

 I went down to wake Josephine. The basement was warm enough. I stoked the fire and it sprang to life! Back upstairs, I went into Isabelle's room to wake her, and she was already awake. That's a good sign!

    I called downstairs, "You still awake, Jos?"

    "No, I'm asleep!" 

Isabelle was having her soup at the table. GRAMPA: "There's one of my super granddaughters." GROAN!

Our snow cover is about 43 cm. We'll see what happens on the weekend, when it is supposed to go above freezing.

Izzy and I played. She made a snow person. I found the perfect hat and mitts for snowperson!


Jos and I spotted snow fleas, AKA springtails, on our walk to the trailcam.

Dinner was Shepherds Pie. 

The bird bath attracts everyone!


Here, we've just snow!
Isabelle and I were working at the dining room table in the afternoon. I showed Izzy a cool video of a peacock mantis shrimp! If you have time... Very cool eyes.


We were working on math at the kitchen table! She had to count perimeter and area. 
C'est tout.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...it was amazing how much snow melted here yesterday! Take care.

Christine said...

I remember those homework days!

RedPat said...

We have lost most of our snow in the warmer weather this week. Although there is still some on the ground and in shady spots.

Anvilcloud said...

I think that would be SOUPer granddaughter. :)

William Kendall said...

Shepherds pie is a great meal for a winter day.

Kay said...

You are such a fabulous grandma! I would never have guessed that was a shrimp. Snow fleas? Wow! I wonder if they bite too.