Friday 8 May 2020

Birding...

I spotted phoebe working on the nest. Last year, I built myself a special viewing tool to see into the nest. An old visor mirror from my late parents' car, taped to a paint roller.



If I were a good birder, I'd be out there in the dawn. I'm not. Right now, though, walking in the forest is amazing. I hope you enjoy the sounds!

 
birdies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

If I were an excellent birder, I'd look up more birds. There are a few sounds I don't recognize, but my attentions span isn't what it was! I can use my computer to enlarge text, but it's been a tough go.

Here is a familiar chickadee! They are ubiquitous, but just as precious.

birdbath from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The chipping sparrows have been hanging around. I haven't spotted a nest, but I'll keep looking. Here there was much grooming going on. We've a pair, I think they are nesting.

chipping sparrow from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I'm not sure about this one. My videocamera needs replacing. It, at least, has autofocus. My eyes, not so much. More research required.

 
Clip0 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This is a professional video. It is amazing.

 

5 comments:

Linda said...

Nice to have a nesting phoebe close by. Finally spotted the grosbeaks in the garden, just waiting for the hummers now. But it is to be so-o-o-o cold for the next couple of days I'll just be watching through the windows.

carol l mckenna said...

wow ! Great videos of our 'feathered friends' ~ Such a creative 'visor' you made too ~
i love the chickadees and sparrows ^_^

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Hootin Anni said...

Ospreys!! One of my favorite birds!! Love the videos & all your precious birds! The sounds of the forest made me relaxed. Thanks for that. Thanks for all your nature sharing!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Many thanks for sharing all the videos …

All the best Jan

Christine said...

Lovely time of year!