Monday 25 May 2020

Things are growing!

The trees are wonderful.

Praise be for autofocus! The spruce tree looks amazing.


Then, there is candytuft!


The frog pond looks wonderful, too. We've just one nest box in use by a wood duck.
The greens are growing. We'll need the muskrats back to clean it out.



The goldfish are doing well.



Maggie Magnolia is about to bloom. I just have to remember to go see it. There are a lot of bugs in the front yard!



Nutmeg sitting amongst the periwinkle flowers. She brought in a chipmunk. I let her in as I was certain she'd put it down. She did. In the basement. It ran into the bathroom and the door is closed. I'm just having my coffee until I figure out a strategy. 


The cats worked in tandem to tree a dratted red squirrel. (DRS) I'm not sure who was in the tree. I think Nutmeg. sigh.

Cat trees from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

9 comments:

Olga said...

Such tender beauty in spring.

Tom said...

...and the same here!

Karen said...

We had a chipmunk in the house too. The cat didn't bring it in but I think I found the opening. We opened the side door and chased it around until it saw it's freedom dead ahead.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I really enjoy the spring growth and blooms. Cute shot of Nutmeg with the periwinkles. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Anvilcloud said...

I like the pics of your frog pond although I don’t think I’d know it was that if you hadn’t said. I like this season when the trees are still leafing out and blossoming in some cases. Like autumn, however, it is a short season, and the full leaf of summer isn’t as pretty.

RedPat said...

Nutmeg is a real hunter!

Lowcarb team member said...

So lovely to see the spring growth and gorgeous blooms.
It never ceases to amaze me the different shades of green there are.
Nature can be so wonderful.

All the best Jan

carol l mckenna said...

Nature's treasures ~ lovely photos and Nutmeg is adorable ~ sweet photo ^_^

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

DUTA said...

It's so heartwarming to see things growing and all the beautiful shades of green and blossoms all around! Nature at its Best!