Tuesday 12 May 2020

Hooray for the critters!

The weather has been strange. It's well below the average 16 C. for May. And more on the way.

More graupel, even in my hand, in the battery case of the trailcam!


This was really cool. The graupel was stuck in a spider web!


The bad news is it is cold. The good news is the lilies don't have lily bugs!



Graupel – it's rather peaceful! It's something between hail and snow.

graupel from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

wood ducks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Don't blink. They are so fast!

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I love the landings.

ducks on golden pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Here is one of hubby's deer!

deer in pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


deer may 8 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I love their big old waddle!

porcupine from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This is interesting. I think, perhaps, a raccoon was in front of the camera? In the first few seconds a blue jay and then a furry something!

Trailcam May from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...things look great in your wildlife sanctuary.

Nancy J said...

Interesting graupel at 11C, I thought it had to be colder for sleet or snow. And a furry something? Too close for any hope of identification.All OK here, shops open again tomorrow, we have had supermarkets, pharmacies and petrol stations only since 25th March.

Karen said...

I love that light coming through the trees all golden and shimmery. At dinner time I could just sit and stare out my back windows until it sets.
We've had flurries off and on today. One minute the sun is shining, the next the crap is flying around. No gardening today but we got all the lumber cut for the planter boxes.

Kathy G said...

My area is having the same substantially below average temperatures. I suspect once they leave there will be no in-between weather before the summer heat arrives.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! What a wildlife sanctuary you have ~ fascinating watching them all ~ thanks ^_^

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Ontario Wanderer said...

I got a web cam for my birthday and I bet it would work even better if I put the card back in . . .

DUTA said...

They say temperatures in Europe and other parts od the world are going to reach 50 grade Celsius this summer. I can't believe it. Who could survive this? Perhaps it would kill the corona virus, but also humans, critters, crops.