Tuesday 5 January 2021

Snow day!

We had 14 cm of snow Friday/Saturday. It was wonderful! I had to dig out the bird feeders, shovel and snow blow! This is what I saw on Saturday morning. I figured I'd have some coffee and then tackle it!

Cinnamon was in shock!


Stage 1: sidewalk, next, driveway. My trusty snowblower!

It was beautiful, with the blue skies.

Sun sparkles!


The trees are still heavily laden, although I stood under this branch (below) and shook it. Yes, I was covered in snow!
I just grabbed this shot, the wind blowing the light snow off of the deciduous trees. 
The conifers will have to wait for warmer temperatures.

The old cedars look wonderful.

I had to shake off these branches, and was rewarded with a snow shower!

15 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It was nice to see and it lingers. Perhaps we will have continuous cover for the duration now, but I don't see any more predicted for about a week and a half.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It does look beautiful... YAM xx

RedPat said...

Gorgeous!

Tom said...

...send some down to us.

Karen said...

It's beautiful!

Nancy J said...

Beautiful, every one, and those drooping branches, I can imagine some might snap with the weight.

Lorrie said...

It's so very pretty. I grew up much further north and loved the snow (until February when I hated it). Now we rarely see any snow at all and I always hope for a good snowfall at least once a winter. So glad to see all these lovely snowy photos from your corner!

Christine said...

Beautiful! Except for shovelling, sigh. Although I like shovelling when there is no ice.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Stunningly beautiful and I am glad it makes you happy! Thank you for sharing the beauty while I can still stay warm. (This *might* be a year when I actually get to see snow. We do get it occasionally here in our corner of the Pacific Northwest. (As opposed to Florida, where we usually are this time of year.)

Ontario Wanderer said...

Lovely snow and sky. Hoping to see some blue sky here in southern Ontario some day soon.

Red said...

Nothing like 14 cm of snow to freshen things up.

The Furry Gnome said...

The perfect winter day!

Angie said...

Jenn - yippee! Snow! We could certainly use more here. Such wonderful images in your post - a wonderland to be sure! Happy New Year to you!

NatureFootstep said...

so beautiful winter is. The little snow we got melted quickly :(
I especially love the shot where the wind blows the snow down. I remember one day many years ago we had light, dry snow the wind blow down and I tried to catch it. So beautiful and fun.

Thanks for sharing the beauty.
Love your header :)

Gaelyn said...

It looks absolutely beautiful. Your excitement is contagious, especially from sunny warm AZ.