Friday 22 January 2021

Feral cat, AKA Oregano

  It wasn't bad this morning:

We're still watching this 'strange cat.' I figured we'll call it Oregano! There is an Alberta MLA, Janis Irwin, who has a cat she named Oregano. I stole the name for Strange Cat from her. She is a hoot, a fun follow on Twitter, with a wonderful sense of humour. We need to look for the laughter.

In the summer, we have seen a cat in previous years. I was wondering if this one was out on weekends, when the tourists are up. With so many working from cottages that could be a possibility. This one doesn't may be feral, but who knows. It's out at odd hours. I can tell, as Cinnamon gets all mushy and want to go out to 'play.' 

Here are my previous Strange Cat sightings:  Monday Jan. 18th 8:42 p.m.,  Wednesday Jan. 13 (10 p.m.), Saturday night late Jan. 9th. Now, we can add Strange cat Thursday Jan. 21, 3:54 a.m.

I had a nice massage yesterday. Just to stretch out my back. I cannot sit in any one spot for long. That said, moving around is good. I repotted my orchid. I had to order the sphagnum moss online. JB picked the order up for me at the desk. We're still in lockdown.


 

My violets are doing well, as is the goldfish plant. It really brightens up the winter. 

8 comments:

Karen said...

My dear neglected violets are in bloom too.

Tom said...

...stay safe.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
For once we're matching you for temps, and lower! No snow by the Hutch - yet. Up on the hilltops there's a smattering. Hope 'Oregano' has been "dressed"... last thing you need is a boy fight - or a girl fight for that matter!!! YAM xx

RedPat said...

He must smell your cats and wants to visit them!

Nancy J said...

Oregano, he?? doesn't seem to mind the extreme cold or the snow, do you leave any food for him? Your back, maybe it will improve when the days are warmer. Your P.M. should be happy with the change in leadership in US, will it make any difference to you or others? Our P.M. is pleased that Joe Biden is the new leader and she hopes for better communication now.

William Kendall said...

Whoever the cat is, it seems comfortable passing through.

Anvilcloud said...

I do hope that Oregano is living a good life.

Kay said...

My mother uses fern bark. She asked for some to transplant her orchids, but I’m not seeing it happen yet.