Friday 15 January 2021

New chair!

 Well, we've moved into the official lockdown. The girls have gone home, just in case. We weren't sure what the new lockdown rules would Be. Here are the new (vague) rules:

• If it is necessary for work, school or child care. Work or volunteering where the nature of the work or volunteering requires the individual to leave their residence, including when the individual’s employer has determined that the nature of the work requires attendance at the workplace.

• Obtaining goods and services, including food, beverages and personal care items that are necessary for health or safety, including health-care services and medications.

• Obtaining goods, services, or performing activities as are necessary for the safe operation, maintenance and sanitation of households, businesses, means of transportation or other places.

Sunday, Jan. 10th 

Poor JB still has neck pain, but can still get physiotherapy with all the protocols.  I'm sure it is his old chair. I knew we couldn't go to the store and look for a new one.  He tried my chair, and it worked out for him. JB dug out the paperwork from my 2017 new chair. I'd phoned Blair at 3:30 Friday, and they don't make this kind of chair anymore. They don't even make this kind of fabric, either. 

I decided we would exchange my chair for JB's His dates back to 2005 and it's a bit worrisome. I'm sure that's why he has pain.

 

We switched chairs. Well, my SIL and daughter did that last week. Bless their hearts. 

The store phoned Monday, and Tuesday they brought over a couple of chairs for us to try. Happy days! I had to reply to their pre-visit email/questionnaire. First they state that:
  • Our staff are sanitizing their hands, will wear gloves, haven't traveled, aren't sick, have contactless payment.
  • Then, they asked me: have we traveled, do we know anyone sick, do we have symptoms, etc.?
Bill brought two samples, as I had consulted with Bonnie regarding colours, styles. 
Ta da:

The funny thing is, Bill, the guy delivering the chairs, lives nearby! 
Then, as we were debating which chair, they brought two for my perusal, the propane dude arrived!

UPDATE on the mailbox [Maintenance during a lockdown]

I did it! I found one piece of wood (1 x 10) and ripped it to size. I had a ton of wood under the workbench when we moved in, but put it out for sale years ago with a sign for $50. (The previous home owner was a cabinet maker.) It was wonderful wood, but I knew I'd never use it.  I needed the space under the garage workbench.  A woman picked it all up (two trips in her truck) and promised to make me a woodpecker feeder. I've not seen it!


12 comments:

Tom said...

...everything seems to happen at once.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
well done on the box... and this lockdown business is causing mayhem everywhere methinks. Is part of that because folk don't want to understand, I wonder? Anyway - congrats on the new chairs and I wish both long and comfy sitting!!! YAM xx

DUTA said...

If the chair was the cause, then with the new chair the neck pain should go away.
As for vague lockdown rules: people should make use of common sense. Mask and distancing are a Must, and will remain so even and when you get vaccinated. I might refrain from ordering things as the messengers may pose a risk.

Nancy J said...

What great service and a grand looking chair. Well done to find the wood, cut to size and get the mailbox all in place., I guess in times like these we all have to be self sufficient in all ways. Hope you cope with the new rules,will all grocery orders be done online and you name a time to collect? We had that here for weeks, and I struggled at first then became familiar with the way to make it easier.Visualise an aisle, then do item by item there, then onto the next one. Our local store had a great program, you could order for the day you selected, then the time, and go back and add to your order.

Anvilcloud said...

Now, that's service.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The rules for the current lockdown seem to be so confusing, and in some instances contradictory, I am not sure that anyone understands them, including our glorious leader, Ford.

Red said...

Good luck on the chairs.

Christine said...

Too bad about the girls.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jenn,
It's terrible to read that the whole world is in lock down.
Let's hope we got our life with freedom back soon.

I wish you all the best.

Greetings, Marco

Linda said...

Hope the new chairs work

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, here in England, UK we too are in lockdown.

Hope the new chairs work out ok.
Take care.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

I am so impressed with your great customer service. How fabulous that you were able to get new wonderful chairs for the both of you. I'm jealous.