Thursday 28 January 2021

Gramma Camp Week 22 Wednesday

A big winter storm, and lots to clean out.  One of our cats brought a big fat mouse. I left it on the front deck. In the meantime, in this awful storm, Oregano was back.

In the morning the mouse was gone, and there was a set of lonely cat tracks! The trailcam didn't capture anything of Oregano. 


The day dawned, and we had friends in the backyard.

The school bus ran a bit early, just in case there was a computer issue. I hadn't told Izzy that her laptop  turned on. She feels so badly spilling water on it.

I was so excited that the computer turned on. Izzy noticed that the cord plug light wasn't on, meaning it wasn't charging at all. I ran around trying different outlets then changed the cord for Josee's computer cord. Neither made a difference. The computer was quite hot, from Google Classroom activities.  I said wait until I'm finished clearing the driveway, and we'll see. 

Once the girls went to work for the first virtual school session, I went out to do the front walk. My back was good, and I kept going. My back is much better, thankfully! Thanks, all, for your empathy.


I did the 100 m driveway, and it is spiffy. I'd say we had about 10 cm of light snow. The snow blower had some inhabitants. About one third of the way up the drive, a deermouse popped out. Then, at the end of the driveway, another bailed. They came flying out of somewhere and bury themselves in the snow. 

Nope to the computer fix. It works, but still isn't recharging. I consulted Momma, again, and we decided to do the rice treatment, again. There is rice in my slippers, all over the bathroom floor, I’d don’t think I ever want to eat rice again! I had some leftover rice casserole for lunch, and managed to spill some on the counter and the floor. I just shook my head! Grampa cleaned it up for me, so frustrating! 

Thing is, it's a lovely, sunny day, now. I cranked up the heat a tad, with the computer on top of the heating vent. Our house keeps the heat in pretty well, and the furnace isn't on all that long. 

I gave her Grampa's computer to use. His videocamera doesn't work, as it is my old computer. Nor can Momma message her. 

During the afternoon break, Isabelle volunteered to shovel the back deck. Then, Jos came out to fetch the trailcam card. She had lots of deer on it.



Much fun in the snow. You wonder why I log this, but Momma has to send a weekly report on the kid's physical education activities. sigh. It's not simple. 

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Computer woes are real. We still have work to do on Sue's new computer, getting files from her old one, but we are just about there.

Tom said...

...you ALWays have friends in your backyard!

Nancy J said...

Compared to the UK your classes online are so good. Hope the laptop recovers or there may need to be a new one. lots of snow, we have gone from so hot to almost too cool this morning. Love those tracks in the snow.

William Kendall said...

I'm surprised the mice didn't jump out sooner.

Karen said...

Are the girls back to school next week?

Jenn Jilks said...

They are not, Karen. They've been doing virtual school since September.