Tuesday 19 January 2021

It's a good day to stay home!

Aside from being in a lockdown, where home is preferable, the roads were a bit of a mess. Outside, the weather was frightful!



I had to grab a photo before I shoveled the walk!

Today it's a bit chilly!

Everyone is stressed out. I decided to send flowers to my daughter. 

Locally, there have been sightings of a bobcat. We've been here ten years, and saw it once. 


I follow an Inuk on Twitter, @AndersenAngus. He is a translater and teacher. He posts an Inuk word of the day, as well as audio of firepit songs. He posted an old photo of iglus [sic]. He writes of the days when Inuit were forced to relocate, controlled by the church, forbade their Shamans from practicing, and were forbidden from doing their throat singing and drumming.

The kids spent Saturday making their own iglu. It took four hours and they rested on Sunday!

The girls slept in it overnight! They are avid campers, but it was a tad chilly. 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...there sure isn't enough snow to make an igloo here. Stay warm.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Good for the kids sleeping in the igloo. They are intrepid to be sure. I will feel like a wimp when I pull the sheet up over my ears!

Christine said...

Lots of snow now! What fun in the igloo!

Lorrie said...

Chilly and beautiful! Those girls are brave for sleeping out in their iglu.

Nancy J said...

To think that so many had those iglus for their home all the time. It looks great with the huge snowman in the front yard.

DUTA said...

Such a sharp contrast between the beauty of the winter landscape (covered in white snow)as seen in the above pictures, and the quality of the weather (bitterly cold)!

RedPat said...

I'm so impressed by those kids! You have so much snow! We have basically none.

Karen said...

THe iglu is marvelous! What adventurous girls.

Red said...

I'm impressed that the kids slept in their creation overnight.

Angie said...

Jenn - I love a good snowstorm as long as I do not have to drive in it! It's surprising to me if those bobcat pictures were taken in the daylight. What an impressive igloo and even more amazing that the girls slept in it!

The Furry Gnome said...

Fabulous iglu!

William Kendall said...

It looks like we got the same amount as you did.

Out To Pasture said...

Wow, how neat to build and to actually sleep in an igloo. Very impressive!

Anvilcloud said...

That is an impressive igloo. Did you see that an igloo in CP made the paper?

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great igloo!!