Wednesday 27 January 2021

Gramma Camp Week 22 Tuesday

I knew snow was on the way! Happily, it arrived after their virtual school was virtually done for the day. It always slows the system down. We've a lot of snow on the ground. 


I was out in the cold the other day. The wind was blowing and our creaky tree  was a bit worrisome! One day it will split, I betcha!

 
  
We usually watch This Morning in the morning. They have snippets of news, not too much. They mostly have interesting interviews, and fun videos of babies, cats, and dogs. It is often quite uplifting.
The girls pop in while doing their breakfast and I am blogging, before the great Google Classroom begins. I called them in to watch this snippet. Re: virtual school

 

We began our day. Cinnamon bagels for breakfast. The girls konked out on the couch, biding their time.

8 a.m. this morning: "So, granddaughters," said Grampa, "you see my head, and where it is attached to my neck?" [Nods from both girls.] "I like it this way. So..."

"We'll go brush our teeth!"

The standing joke is that we (gramma and grampa) have to be accountable to Momma or she'll "rip our heads off." 

They worked hard Tuesday. Poor Izzy used Grampa's laptop while hers dries out from her water spill. She feels so badly. 

In the afternoon, Josephine did an experiment on water density. She has to take photos of her work.


At Christmas time, I was texting Isabelle, and asking what she wanted for Christmas. Giraffe PJs. I ordered this on Nov. 24th, and then had to choose a substitute order since they were 'no longer available.'

The good news is that they finally arrived Jan. 26th. Happy dance!



It fits, although the legs are a bit short. This is an adult small! Isabelle is 10-years-old.

Happy girl!

Out to check trailcams.


Things didn't go well with Josephine's trailcam. She explained to me that it works much better if you turn the camera on! Tomorrow, we'll get it.

Caitlin's orchid is still alive. We'll cross our fingers.



Grampa wondered if a giraffe was ticklish! Apparently, they are!
I ended up turning up the heat in the house. Keeping the fire going in the basement takes them too much brain power and energy. They feel obliged to keep adding to it in the night, too. I decided just to use the small heater.  These are trying times. We don't need more stress.

Afternoon recess checking trailcams 
 

Her trailcam video...trailcam by Iz 

  

Dinner was carrots, broccoli and chicken. We were regaled with stories of Norse Mythology. They bounced the story back and forth as they remembered details from an audio book. 

We watched The Mummy, skipping the beginning gory bits. We had a lovely bonding time with all. 

The girls were tucked in when I remembered the watered laptop. Papa said to leave it for 24 hours. I suggested to Isabelle that it was great. We'll be able to eat the rice, since there was heat and moisture. She guffawed. 

Anyway, I lifted it up, and rice went flying. SIGH. Then, I swept it into a pile to work on later. I opened it up, ad it turned on. Good news! I won't tell Isabelle but see if she discovers it!

9 comments:

Tom said...

...it's good to see that you are a happy bunch!

Nancy J said...

All looking good for the day, and the laptop, great news. Just as well you and JB have fun doing the school programs, it must help the young ladies so much to have you both helping out this way, not all doom and gloom and strict rules with no laughter,. HOPE you both keep your heads on. Lots of crunchy snow when you walked to the creaky tree.

RedPat said...

Love the PJs! I'm not looking forward to the cold that is on its way.

Cloudia said...

What special times, dear!

Red said...

Lots of action and variety at your place. I'll bet it seems quiet once these two leave.

Ontario Wanderer said...

Giraffe PJs? And for adults? Who knew?

Christine said...

Yay for Gramma Camp!

William Kendall said...

You're certainly keeping them busy.

Angie said...

Jenn - I think it would be pretty entertaining to be a grandkid in your house!