Monday 11 January 2021

Cats and deer

 Off I went, into the snowy forest. I found these robin's eggs last spring, near the path down to the meadow. The image stuck in my head, for some reason. It is really difficult (I think) finding the nests until the leaves fall. 


Sure enough, I spotted the nest. AHA! But, there were two.

We finally had some sunshine. The cats were happy! Tiberius gives a knowing smile!

Meantime, JB was watching his favourite team with his bear paraphernalia!

I love the eyes in the dark! deer Jan 


Junior still thinks he's entitled to a feed from the momma! Deer Jan 2  


You know they are getting desperate when they munch on my pine bush. buck & doe

  

Now, again, you need not see the video, the thumbnail gives you an idea, but the deer doing selfies really makes me giggle. Deer selfies 

 

This final one is joyful. I found two clips with junior leaping. I used the Ken Burns effect on the trailcam video, and repeated the leap with a slow motion. It's fun finding some creativity. deer aleaping  

6 comments:

Tom said...

...why are cats such sleepy critters?

Christine said...

It is so nice when the sun shines on a cold day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
hehe, I love your deer camera hogs... and the bouncer was just smile-inducing!!! YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Love the leAping deer, and the way you have slow motion there, superb way to start my Tuesday down here.

RedPat said...

I agree with the cats about the sun!

Red said...

the trail cam never quits giving.