Wednesday 20 January 2021

Critters abound

My new chair isn't working out. I'm in terrible back pain. I switched chairs with JB. I can't sit in the chair today, though. I'm using my knee chair. Still, it's painful. I'm using Advil, Voltaren and Dr. Ho! I'm able to carry on. Exercise is crucial as I ease out the muscles.

That said, here we go for the day. It's a grand day, with hope for our friends to the south, in the United States of America. The White House looked spectacular in the dark, all lit up. 

Deer disagreement  


You can see Cinnamon, the deer and the turkeys. We're down to two, as the coyote took out one of our trio. cat in snow  
 

They have a hierarchy. I suspect the young buck is the son of one of the females. One of them gave him an ear wash, which isn't normal for adults. Normally, the males are off in their own winter yard, and the females in our neck of the woods. I love their posturing. They all know who is in charge. The yearlings bolt about in glee at having pissed off their older brother! deer in charge  


It's interesting seeing where they go, the paths they follow in the forest. deer  

The strange cat, who has fooled all of us (looking identical to Cinnamon), appeared again on the trailcam. Jan. 18, strange cat.

 Strange cat, Jan. 18, Jan. 13 (10 p.m.), Saturday, late Jan. 9th, 

13 comments:

DUTA said...

Sorry to hear about your pain and use of meds.
I'm very lazy about exercising. Walking to and fro essential/shopping places is my main form of exercising. My way of preventing knee or back pain is watching my weight (especially in winter when we easily gain weight).It usually works.

Tom said...

...a nice report from critter heaven.

Christine said...

We watched Trump leave this morning. All good so far.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

There is a lot to see in your posts. You really do have your own little sanctuary there.

Kathy G said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're in pain. Hope things improve soon.

Olga said...

Thank you for well wishes. The U.S. will need them, but it IS a hopeful day!

William Kendall said...

Some cats can have quite a big range.

RedPat said...

Hope the back improves!

Nancy J said...

-15C and the odd cat wandering so close, must be desperate for food. Stay with the meds, and maybe try another chair!!!

Red said...

The chair is a bummer.

Out To Pasture said...

So sorry about your back pain, Jennifer. My rest of choice is my couch with a home made back rest at one end and lots of pillows. Your first video is the sharpest I've ever seen. Better than actual live viewing!

Kay said...

Take care, Jenn. Wow! You have a ton of deer.

Lorrie said...

Back pain can be so debilitating - I hope it soon eases. Do you find that the cold weather aggravates it?
Yes to the inauguration in the USA! I hope civility and decency prevail.