Sunday 17 January 2021

Walkies and the fisher!

 Cinnamon and I went down to the wetland through the forest. Our temperatures have been up and down. By now, January, it should be frozen solid. The bulrushes appear to be growing at the edge of the wetland.


Cinnamon led me down the path to the wetland, and the island. I followed him, seeing where he wanted to go.

There was a temperature inversion, with a bit of fog over the wetland. I'm not sure I captured it!

I began to follow him, and realized that the water was not quite frozen!

Cinnamon walkies  He's a happy boy. I like walking with him. He's so joyful. 

The fisher Oct 28   is a frequent visitor. This video is from the fall. I noticed tracks while we were walking. 


Their tracks are quite distinct: with five toes and claws. I'd moved the trailcam, as I spotted fisher tracks in the snow the day before.  


Sure enough, it avoided the trailcam's new position, and ran rampant behind the camera. Little dweeb!



I moved it again. Nada! 

6 comments:

Tom said...

...our temps have been up and down too and little is frozen.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That'll be cold on the paws, Cinnamon!!! Great fun, forest walkies... YAM xx

Nancy J said...

It looked like Cinnamon heard something, ears alert, head turned, I couldn't see anything but maybe some snow plopped off a branch.

Cloudia said...

Wishing you health and joy my friend!

Kay said...

Oh wow! I've never seen a fisher before. You have the most wonderful creatures in your forest, Jenn. I love your new header photo.

Olga said...

A game of catch me if you can!