Thursday 21 January 2021

Backyard and frontyard

 Backyard


Frontyard

I've begun to try improve my front yard photos. I put my camera and big lens on the tripod. These are all shot through the front window. My birds are a bit flight, plus it was cold yesterday!


"So how is it going?"


"Ah, not bad. She keeps trying to take my photo, though!"

The cardinal is so pretty in the evergreens.


Goldfinch, redpoll, chickadee!


Shy nuthatch!

And, the female in the horse chestnut tree. The first photo, retouched, and the second  not. 


I enjoy the redpolls, to add to bird variety. I've switched up this feeder food from a mix, to adding nyger seed to the mix. Redpolls are supposed to like it. 
This is a photo, well worth a post. Pfft. The downy male woodpecker and the chickadee in full take off!







My back is bad, still. Sigh. This old age... Surviving by keeping careful, Advil, and Voltaren. I know I have to work on getting comfortable in my chair. I think the muscles have to heal. Standing up to take photos was good.

I booked some massage therapy. JB is still getting physiotherapy for his neck. Despite lockdown, they have amazing protocols.  We shall carry on.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...that cardinal brightens up everything!

RedPat said...

You got some wonderful bird pics!

Anvilcloud said...

Pretty decent photos. If are shooting through glass, you're managing to avoid reflections as far as I can see. You must be getting as close to the glass as possible because that helps.

William Kendall said...

The cardinals really do stand out.

The Liberty Belle said...

Nice snaps! The cardinal in the evergreen... lovely.

Red said...

You have a good variety of birds to entertain you. Stretch, stretch, stretch that old age away. Stretching helps me immensely.

Kay said...

Oh dear... I'm so sorry for the pain you're suffering through. I know my son-in-law loved Voltaren. We couldn't get it in the U.S. for the longest time so I'd buy some when we were overseas for him. Your cardinals really stand out in the winter scene.