Sunday 14 June 2020

Garden flowers and 3 bucks

Oh, good grief! We are a week away from summer! Normal temps are lows of 14 C.

I've whinged about my cataracts a lot. I am sorry. It helps to vent. They do explain why I am not reading well, or easily. The laptop helps, as I can enlarge the text. In terms of photography, what I did was put on the zoom lens to photograph the flowers. That, and autofocus, stood me in good stead. 

Poppies

The hosta are doing well! Soon the deer will chomp it. What the heck!

Jack-in-the-pulpit

Giant allium and clematis


My hosta are coming along... for now!

My planter box is filling out. 

The weigela bush is lovely! The lilacs are done, but other flowers are popping up.  

Saturday morning, 7 a.m., speak of the devil! Three bucks! 
This is who I saw first. I grabbed the camera. Ran back to the deck door and slowly, quietly opened it. They were bothered by me, but the cats slipped out behind me. The bucks watched them closely.




14 comments:

Tom said...

...deer and gardening don't always go together well.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Such colour and variety - hoorah! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful flowers, I love the poppies. Your deer photos are so cute!
Enjoy your day, have a happy new week ahead!

Anvilcloud said...

A loonie and a toonie of deer.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you know how much i love my Canadian ..so sad we will not be able to get there this year ... our passports expire next May i think it is ... we will get there again soon ... i hope? this virus going around has really put a wrench in travel life. so glad i can visit u all the time ... here on the web. have a great Sunday. thank you for always making me smile. we all need more smiles in our live. big big hugs. social distancing ones of course. ( ;

Christine said...

Gorgeous photos today, flowers and wildlife are calming. I hope you get those cataracts done sooner rather than later.

Penelope Notes said...

The deer ears are very alert! In my neck of the woods, it’s been rainy, sunny, rainy, sunny, rainy … you get the picture. I like how it's keeping the foliage super green and lush. It also keeps people a little less close, which is probably best during this pandemic.

Hootin Anni said...

The deer? Beautiful! Your flowers? Stunning!

RedPat said...

Lovely flowers!

Red said...

Good shots from the back door and great comments.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh gorgeous floral photos ~ lovely gardens you have ^_^

Be Safe ~ Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy J said...

Hello dear friend love your flowers, and too cold for June up north. 3 of them, that was a bonus to get them all together.xxx p.s. might get sent home today,latest is they don't think.it is cardiac problems!!!

Karen said...

yet another lovely garden tour. What a nice day

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Sorry about your weather. It isn’t feeling very summery here in Oregon this week either especially to us since we’re used to Florida temps! ....I forgot what you wrote about when you can have your cataract surgery, hope it is soon. But your pictures all look just beautiful, they are not stopping your talent.