Friday 19 June 2020

Gramma Camp – June


I read on Garden Joy about a Green Lotus Peony. I have two! I transplanted one. I'm hoping for the best.


We are carrying on. Jos and I went down to the trailcams. The mosquitoes aren't as bad, but that is a misleading statement! Can you see them on my ankle?
I guarded Josephine, flapping my duster, trying to keep the bugs away.


Josee has been working on a T.U.S.C. project for school. She chose 'expert' from the list of activities, and is explaining, as an expert, the algorithms for solving a Rubik's Cube. The first job was to write out the steps. The next, Isabelle was the camera operator, and we broke it down into 7 video steps. We had problems with speed, and uploading on (free) Vimeo, but we did it. I prefer Vimeo for the kids, as there is much less likelihood of those horrible graphic videos.


It's quite the process. She's been timing herself on solving it. I think she's down to about a minute.

They've worked hours. Thursday morning, as Jos was close to her weekly free video upload limit, I thought I best just order her a year's subscription. This is what I have. It's less limiting. Funny thing is, I was using her account, and her email, and Momma, with her Nanny settings, got an email at 7:45 a.m. that Jos had ordered something. Thankfully, I had explained it all in a email!

Whilst Jos worked, Isabelle painted. She had been sitting here before, and the mosquitoes kept biting her ankles. I realized that they were likely flying up from behind her, and the garden. I placed a blanket on the bench, and she was fine. She did some great artwork.


In the meantime, the yard is in a bad way. This sunburned lawn looks the way it should by August. 

We've a heat wave, and seem to be headed into a drought. 

Hubby took off to grab some pre-ordered library books, and our take out dinner (our regular Thursday trest!). He phoned to let me know something was going on on the highway. Not a surprise, they've been roaring up and down the highway at high speeds.

Since we're relaxing the COVID–19 rules of engagement, incidents increase.

Back with dinner, he brought surprised from the library. They've a contest.

Also, they are providing pet rock kits. 


Today is the hostage exchange. We'll say goodbye for a week. We'll miss them.

5 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that camp goes well.

Anvilcloud said...

The rubiks cube keeps coming back around. I could do it back in the early 80s. Not a clue now.

RedPat said...

The kids keep you busy!

Kay said...

Our numbers have also really climbed once we started opening up.

Christine said...

gosh the visit went by quickly.