Friday 5 June 2020

The wetland, phoebe, et al

Thankfully, I did the lawn prior to our welcome rains.


The phoebes are still on their nest. Five little eggs, due to hatch any day now!



The wetland


I went back to get a better photo of the lady slipper.


Aspen

If you recall that serendipitous walk back to the back 40, I went back to snag another photo of the saplings. I checked my Peterson Tree Field Guide. All this time I thought they were poplars. I find out that they are Bigtooth Aspen! They shake in the wind like Quaking Aspen. 


These are the little Aspen saplings that the grouse like. Our own little Aspen grove! The previous owners gave the back 40 a close shave. I've let the aspen grow.


Here we are on our our 2nd walkies. Since then, he'll join JB on his walks most days. It's warmed up, too.


Cinman from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


In a time of COVID, we fly to Scotland for a webcam of an osprey nest! Did you know about it, Yam? 


 

6 comments:

Tom said...

...you've got to love the lady slipper!

Nancy J said...

Love that tall tail wagging high before you, just showing the way.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful post ~ you live in a very special place ~ great videos and photos ~ Love the Osprey and other vidos and photos ~ Happy Weekend to You,

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Kay said...

My parents used to grow lady slippers many moons ago. That is a huge riding mower. It must be fun to ride it.

Olga said...

Your sketches are always so cheerful, can't help but smile Paint Party days.