Thursday 5 March 2020

Butch is awake!

Tuesday, March 3rd

They visited again. At night. One bailed right away. Since they won't wear name tags, we figure our our critters by their behaviour. I think these are our 4 release raccoons. We never see 4, unless it is a momma with triplets. I think she lost one back in the fall.

By their behaviour, and number, I think this is Mary Kate, Ashley, Taco and Burrito! (We released them last October from our local rehab: Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary Release) They were after the bird feeder under the eaves!



Wed., March 5th

Last night, there was a raccoon on the back deck. Nutmeg noticed it. I went out, and the cat food tin, with kitchen grease, has been found! I meant to freeze it and then throw it out. Well, it is gone! I'll likely find it in the forest somewhere.



12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I think the raccoons are cute, but I do not like them hanging out in my yard. Hubby is mad they come and eat leftover food on our deck, they do not spook and leave when they want. Have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
heheh, he wasn't in a hurry to leave, was he?! YAM xx

Tom said...

...cute little bandits.

RedPat said...

I love them trying to climb straight up the wall! Crazy creatures.

Nancy J said...

They are so wise, the best place is home, and as they were released here, they know to return. Love them high up in the rafters, bushy tails and thick fur.

Red said...

these characters can be a nuisance.

Christine said...

Good they will find a use for the grease.

eileeninmd said...

Hi Jenn, stopping back to say thanks for linking up your raccoons. They can be cute and a pain to deal with at the same time. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you always for your visits and comments on my blog.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

sweet little bandits. Great photos!!!
Greetings Elke

Anu said...

Hello.
Great photos and video. I see that they climb amazingly well even on the wall.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They sure can climb and hang on to surfaces! How neat that you can see them again.

William Kendall said...

They are quite acrobatic.