Monday 2 March 2020

🍀We made it to March!

I like March. The sun is warming us up. We had snow the other day, and the icicles melt as the trees bask in the sun's glory.



My goal was to change up the decor to green for March. It required snowshoes, as we still have snowcover. They are forecasting rain this afternoon. Yuck.

Frosty is all dressed up. JB bought him a green mustache. Next, I put green ribbons along the fence. It's a nice bright spot. I know people notice it. Some mock me, saying I have too much time on my hands. Others say their kids look to see what Frosty is wearing.



I worked on bear, as well. He's got some issues. The woodpeckers have been after the bugs attracted to the rotting wood. I've been trying to figure out how old he is. I babysat a grandie in Muskoka, while they went to the market. Then sat him outside the door, rang the bell and ran away. It was about 2009.



I noticed coyote tracks making their way along the driveway. You can see them where they come from the forest, onto the nicely snowblown path. He managed to avoid both trailcams...




I can imagine him in the dark! Here he was last March, trotting along the trail., and January, 2015.




I love the turkeys. They are so funny to watch. We have about 16 on a regular basis.

11 comments:

Christine said...

Happy March! Snow begone.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Neat captures of the Coyote! The green stand out, reminds me of St. Patrick's Day. I hope your snow is melting, we may have temps in the 60's this week. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Frosty is looking very smart indeed - and Bear, well for an outside bear of eleven years, I think he is wearing very well indeed! YAM xx

Hootin Anni said...

Love, love, love the turkeys. I being a child at heart would enjoy seeing how frosty & bear are dressed too. And your evergreen trees, snow-laden with icicles are just so pretty!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh Wow! love all your decorations ~ the snow person ~ the bear ~ the fence ~ delightful and creative ~

Great nature shots and video ~ Had a fox or coyote ~ not sure which cross in front of our car as we were bringing recycles down driveway and to end of street ~ Very fast critters and couldn't tell ~ busy tail though? ~ Does that help tell the difference?

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tom said...

...it looks like a sunny start to the month.

Nancy J said...

Green is good, go and decorate to your heart's content. Our S-in-law has a birthday, suitably, on the 17th!!! Guess this year he will get a green gift.

RedPat said...

I put decorations up too! I think I caught it from my mum who always decorated for the season.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

are you snow people shots on the side of your blog? have i been asleep. so fun. i guess u used spray paint. so fun!! i love the bear ... all dressed up in green. who doesn't love St. Patrick's Day!! i sure do. i have noticed so many folks skipping over that holiday to dress up for Easter ... i really enjoy celebrating all the days ...even if it smaller day to some??! ( ;

Anvilcloud said...

I think your decorations are great fun.

William Kendall said...

The coyote is a beauty.