Tuesday 10 March 2020

Our critters

We're melting! I spotted my first red-winged blackbird!



This is my newest garden. We'll see if my bulbs bloom!



Grampa got outdoors in the sunshine.



Such fun to be had with the carpets mommy just straightened!



I sat outside and read, after I hooked up the water barrel to the goldfish pond. The cats found it!



Bubblers
People use these to stop ice from forming and shifting their docks.



On the trailcam, March 8th, we had the shy coyote, a fisher and a single raccoon. The fisher marked the empty box, again!

trailcam from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Olga said...

My husband always looked for the first red-wing blackbird as the first sign of spring rather than the robin so your photo gave my heart a little squeeze.
Grampa looks to be enjoying his spot of sun but he is not going to have much of a tan!

Anvilcloud said...

It was rather grand out yesterday.

Christine said...

Amazing like an instant thaw.

Tom said...

...you have your own zoo.

Nancy J said...

Trickling water under the snow has great fascination, is this the first time t hey have heard that ? Great fun for all, but for JB, did it taker AGES to get dressed so he could enjoy the outdoors? Love that photo, a keeper, you need to print and frame it!!!

Angie said...

Jenn - I saw my first red-winged blackbird on March 1, and now they are everywhere. Such bullies at the birdfeeders! Love your fisher pictures!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Jenn, I've yet to see a red winged blackbird but I've heard they are back. Loved viewing your trail cam footage...great to see the variety there in your back yard. Here's hoping your new bulbs bloom and yes to all the recent melting!

William Kendall said...

The blackbird is a beauty.