Tuesday 3 March 2020

March brings rain, snow

March 2

It's such a range of weather... March 1st, -16 C., then 2 C. March 2nd! I love the changes. I love the snow, but it is time...


We had a couple of cm of snow overnight, but I'm not bothering to shovel it. We are getting rain...



Health


Poor JB picked up his report from the GP's office. It's telling us he has a 5 x 2 x 5mm tear. He went to physio for a diagnostic assessment. No ultrasound or lasers for people with cancer, so that will slow recovery and healing. It could be months.

He bought himself a posture support duhickey. The physiotherapist said it was OK to use.


After that, he brought me a spinach salad for lunch, then he took a pain pill. He's continuing to take anti-inflammatories.

Pillow prop him up! Cinnamon is in the cat bed on the left!


He has a friend, who wants his bologna sandwich.



We ended up with 2.54 mm rain (about a tenth of an inch). I'm glad I didn't shovel! It's really wet snow. The driveway, of course, is a skating rink March 3rd.



Winter walkies, there is always something new to see. The evergreens have lots of holes, critters looking for bugs, but still they grow.




The dock is there. Honestly. The rivers are full. We'll see if we get spring floods this year...
This summer photo is from my post: Dock on the frog pond, where I showed how I built it (Jul., 2015).

10 comments:

DUTA said...

Several years ago, I had a terrible fall on my right shoulder. It was evening, and I stumbled into something on the street. I went home and started applying ice to get rid of the pain and prevent inflammation. Only after two weeks I went to the orthopedic doctor to get checked. I was given physioteraphy.
I had no pain after the ice treatment, but for some months I wasn't able to close my bra.
Wishing your hubby a quick recovery.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Rest and repair, the traditional way! YAM xx

Tom said...

...I understand that back home they are are having a mild rainy week, perhaps mud season is ready to arrive.

Anvilcloud said...

Poor JB. He's having a very rough time.

Nancy J said...

The dock, totally covered. JB, I hope you hang in there till the tear mends itself. Lots of warmth, TLC by the bucket load, and no heavy lifting or any lifting with that arm and keep up with any meds to make life easier. Jenn, let that wet stuff settle and it might all melt away. We have rain !!! Not heavy, but any moistuie that doesn't come from the hand held hose is so welcome.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Big difference in those last two photos. It is raining here today.
I hope your day is great!

Christine said...

all the best to JB.

Angie said...

Jenn - wishing your hubby a successful recovery - and ham sandwiches free of thieves! Our road has been a skating rink for weeks - it thaws during the day and re-freezes at night. Yikes! I would much rather get a ton of snow than deal with ice.

Lowcarb team member said...

My good wishes to JB.
So good seeing that summer photograph :)

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Count on cats to be motivated by their stomachs.