Sunday 15 March 2020

4 raccoons, tabby cat, coyote, geese

OK, this is getting to be a habit. Yesterday, instead of tapping the 'save' button, I tapped 'publish'. What a hoot. Even the title "Sunday" was meant to remind me that it was for Sunday's post. Sigh. Well, the blog is so hubby can see what we've done!

His arm is still pretty sore, from the ripped tendon. I've been fighting hard for cataract surgery, and it's not looking good. My right eye is getting worse.  It'll be good to have the girls next week for distraction. Or for slave labour. :-)

Sunday

No, it was not our car at the auction house, thank you all for asking.
It was a nice trip, culminating in a late lunch at CC's. I bought myself some earrings, and other surprises. I let the turtle lamp go. It was awfully cute! Our next birthday is Isabelle's, in May.

COVID-19

Yes, TP has disappeared on the shelves in our stores, but here in North America, most of our goods come in trucks. We will be fine for other foods. I am working my way through my canned mushrooms. (I mistakenly ordered two flats of 12 when I did an online order!) I've used up 8 cans, the girls (with us weekdays for the next 3 weeks), don't like mushrooms!


Interesting that in the last few days Fox News has finally recognized that there is a pandemic, not a Democratic hoax! You guys are so in trouble. #SorryNotSorry

CTV News is tracking Canadian cases. We're at 251.

Our Canadian government, through our Foreign Affairs Minister Champagne, has a warning. There are a lot of cavalier people, who took off for March Break, who may be stuck if borders end up being closed. They are pretty cavalier. Many are stuck in countries that are running out of groceries, and wonder if they will get home anytime soon. I know someone in FLorida, another returned from Mexico and is self-isolating, a cousin is in Barbados. Those retired, should be OK.
Tickets are pretty pricey. Some people are being charged $8000 for a trip home, like one Canadian interviewed who is in Spain. There are complaints that there isn't enough at the borders to keep sick people out. Thing is, these are citizens. Canadians are pretty good at choosing self-isolation, I've read.

Trailcams

I left the trailcams for a couple of days. With pouring rain all day, I thought they'd hunker down some. I was really happy to still see the 4 release raccoons. Someone needs to come up with a good name for them. I am losing. We had one hit on the road, but it wasn't one of this four.

 

Other critters

At the trailcam beside the driveway, first there was a cat that looked like a tabby. Thing is, I've see cat tracks in a place where they had not been walking. The first few seconds show a tabby out in the dark. We've had the odd cat visit, but not often. Usually, in summer when summer residents bring them. Thing is, it has to be crossing the highway, as there are no houses on this side for several km.

Next on this video, the coyotes!

 


I love Motts Mills. Apparently, others do, too. There were empty beer cans, and trash. They will likely clean it up in spring, but if we go by again, I'll take a garbage bag. The sound of the water is wonderful!

 


The Canada Geese. I love their sound. It means spring is here!

Canada geese Mar. 13 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
We just had our grocery delivery order cancelled; no ifs or buts. No priority for elderly and less able. We use a lot of fresh produce and do not keep anything much in cans (or frozen, for that matter). I am going to have to be inventive this week... YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

I have never been to Motts Mills but I have a sudden craving for a Caesar.

Tom said...

...what can be said of a "leader" who thinks that a pandemic is a hoax?

Nancy J said...

I keep hoping this will abate soon, but we had 2 new cases yesterday. One man received the positive test result shortly after flying back to NZ. and we now have strict entry conditions, Self isolate for 14 days, spot checks will be held, if you are not complying with this, you will be placed in quarantine, and NOT allowed out at all for 14 days.
Keep shopping Jenn, we are doing ours this morning, and I have to decide if I wear disposable gloves? Not a place where tourists would visit, but I am beginning to doubt anywhere. Love the new cat on the video, and coyotes and their lovely tails streaming behind as they sprint across.

William Kendall said...

I know someone who drove down in to the States the other day for a visit, was across the border for an hour or so, and decided he'd better come back as opposed to make the visit he'd intended.

Lowcarb team member said...

Canada Geese = Spring, that's good :)

All the best Jan

Christine said...

I heard on the news elective surgeries are being postponed due to covid-19, they are freeing up resources. But your cataract surgery is a different thing.

Kay said...

It’s really bad over here in Hawaii where so much is shipped in. People are panicking and maybe stocking up too much. All this is coinciding with hurricane season. Not good.