Wednesday 11 March 2020

Book Review: The Almost Sisters

2017
The Almost Sisters

I really liked this book. I wasn't sure, at first, but I pressed on. I liked the main character, Leia Birch Briggs, but the others were really good, too. The setting, plot, and writing is really fun.

I prefer mysteries, these days. It has that.
It has a feisty Gramma, and I love that, too!

I enjoy books that take me somewhere, as well. This one takes place primarily in a small town in Alabama. The author, Joshilyn Jackson, lives in Georgia, and has written quite a few other books. I shall have to read them, too.

I'm having trouble getting an appointment to have my cataracts fixed. Wait times are horrid these days. What was a strange sort of bonus is that the book was in large print. It really made a difference!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I just heard that they are going to open an eye surgery unit at the Pembroke hospital. That should free up a lot of surgery times in Ottawa and area.

Tom said...

...thankfully, I'm NOTHING like my sister.

eileeninmd said...

I like mysteries too, thanks for sharing the book review.

Wishing you a great day!

Christine said...

Thanks for the great review!

William Kendall said...

A good review!