Friday 17 January 2020

Snow falls

What a snowstorm. It began when the thermometer read 0, and then it stuck to everything. It was -2 in the a.m. and the snow fell early Thursday morning.
For comparison!
Jan. 12th
Jan 16th
Friday morning we've a bit of a cold spell, with another storm on the way.


Out the kitchen window.


The buck had snow clinging to his big antlers. There was more, but I decided to finish my coffee in my easy chair first.



First task was the driveway. No worries. When I made it down to the road, I realized someone had gone into the ditch! Whoopsie. Many drive way too fast around this corner, I have to turn my back as I'm shoveling. I walked down.



Down to the beautiful forest to fetch the memory cards. I tried some artistic photos. This was the best I could do!



The poor trailcams!



Back indoors, these two, feeling under the weather, were in the spare room. JB's cough is worse. We take turns visiting her in the recovery room, as she heals from her spaying. Her stitches look good.
Cinn continues to put the sin in Cinnamon. He's a spicy, hot to trot tomboy, and jumping his sisters' bones. It's tough isolating them, but important. Once she is healed up, we'll be OK.



My theory is, JB overdid it Tuesday, doing the end of the driveway. I did it Thursday, yesterday, in anticipation of our cold spell. We both like shovelling. It's good exercise.



I had lunch, and went out to tackle the front sidewalk. The feeders were quite covered. I did NOT get any snow down my sleeves this time.



Look at my beautiful neck warmer, Jean!



In the afternoon, there was a break in the clouds. So good to see that blue sky. Even for a short while.



Annabelle took the prime spot.

21 comments:

Tom said...

...our BIG snow storm became a dusting, I love that last scene with the blue sky!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now here's the thing with shovelling, Jenn. I always did it a little begrudgingly and it was never one of my favourite chores. But I have friends in Australia, one of whom has been directly affected by the fires, the other peripherally, and I will be visiting both of them in July. Now I shovel with gusto and realize that moving a little snow is nothing compared with what Australians are dealing with. How they would love to have a little of our weather right now. Snow is forecast for the weekend so I may be back at it soon!

DUTA said...

Snow is beautiful! Your neck scarf too.
JB shouldn't overdo it. His health is top priority.

Olga said...

Snow is so beautiful when it first falls.

Anvilcloud said...

Alas! I did not get out for pics yesterday. We had breakfast at the Thruway with neighbours and friends. By the time it was over, I needed a nap. :)

Penelope Notes said...

It looks chilly on the outside but cozy from the inside. I think I would join the cat at the window and enjoy the view from the warmth indoors!

Out To Pasture said...

Oh, I HATE it when snow gets down my sleeve! Interesting about the persistence of 'sin'namon's hormones. Like many things, time will take care of that.

Karen said...

Have a good rest Jenn, it's coming at us again!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the photo of buck with covered antlers. I hope you hubby and the kitty are recovering well. Have a happy day!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
It does look lovely... Yeah, I notice if I get too active, the cough comes back. Think I'm over the thing, but get little hints to behave! YAM xx

Nancy J said...

That snow!!! So glad your neck is warm, I have sometimes pulled mine up over my nose, it does keep that cold air out. You are a trooper to do shovelling!!! And the cats, did I mention we have a new stray, Moxy is his new name, part siamese, maybe some Burmese, and very vocal. Photos still to come.JB, hope you are starting to think about spring and getting better,

Red said...

Dig those shades! Winter will do what it wants and we have to live with it.

Christine said...

Beautiful winter photos, always nice to go inside though!

carol l mckenna said...

Annabelle is a very smart cat ~ ^_^ ~ Do hope you are shoveled out and you and JB can have a restful evening ~ ^_^

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like looking at the snow but now the shoveling. Cute kitty and the deer photo is awesome. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for the visit and commenting on my blog.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like you got a good dose of winter! And it's a lot of work to clear snow...I wouldn't be able to any more. Love your pretty scarf! Stay warm!

Anu said...

Hello. Beautiful snow. Great photos. Your artistic photos are wonderful.

Lea said...

Beautiful snow scenes!

Lowcarb team member said...

Brrr
Brrr
Brrr

But beautiful snow scenes, especially the last one with the blue sky.

All the best Jan

Kay said...

Your deer are so elegant. That is a LOT of snow! You're lucky you're so strong. I'm not sure I'm up to shoveling snow anymore.

William Kendall said...

What a lot of snow!