Saturday 18 January 2020

Trailcam: coyote, fox, buck

Here it is, another storm warning. We'll see what we get.


St. John's, N.L., in the Maritimes, has had 76 cm of snow. They have had wind gusts of 130 km/hr, and  snow drifts of 12 - 15' high. They've declared a state of emergency. There are 16,000 customers without power. I won't complain!


The kittens are settling down. I let Cinn into the room where Nutmeg is secluded. She's healing nicely. He's having supervised, non-conjugal visits. They are so happy to see one another.

There is a great long list of No-Nos for her. No stairs, jumping, playing, climbing, bathing, etc. As if! Cinn was playing in his water bowl at the vet's, post-surgery!

I remember having my partial hysterectomy, and being a single mom. My daughter had to go to CGIT, and I wasn't supposed to drive for 10 days. I felt OK, and drove her. I felt fine. I figure that Nutmeg's going to do what is comfortable. She's up on the window ledge, bird watching. She's playing with Cinn, whacking at his tail when I let him in.



This coyote didn't like the camera!

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I've been reading the directions in the manual on the new camera. There are automatic settings: Q1, 2, 3, 4, and custom. With custom, you override the settings, but you still can't get rid of the timeout. Why do they design them this way? Sheesh.

This video, if you look at the time stamps, takes a 30-second timeout before starting to video again. On a 10-second video you lose a lot. I reset it for tomorrow. You'll see, with the coyote, that it's pretty much losing a lot of the action.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

bucks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

fisher
fisher from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

fox from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Tom said...

...I can tell you that I'm glad not to be in St. John's right now, I'll wait until summer! Stay warm.

RedPat said...

I can't imagine being in St John's. I have never really been up north here in winter so haven't seen huge drifts and their's sound like they are above the roofs of the houses.

Anvilcloud said...

I'm glad the cats are doing well.

Some fun vids. Gotta love the stag in particular.

Christine said...

we are hunkered down for the storm, poor St John's. Never heard of a partial hysterectomy. Mostly it is full.

Lowcarb team member said...

It reached a low of -2 in my part of the UK yesterday and -6 is forecast for some parts. I can't imagine what -14 must be like!
Stay safe and warm.

Sweet photographs of the cats.

All the best Jan

Red said...

You have some nasty weather coming down from the north side of the great lakes.

Kay said...

Your cats are so loving.

William Kendall said...

The fisher is quite formidable.