Wednesday 1 January 2020

After the storm: Happy New Year!


I hope 2020 brings you many blessings; 
good health, joy, peace, prosperity. 
I am grateful for my e-friends,
and their moral support! 
Let's see what 2020 brings us all.

Monday morning, Dec. 30th

If you've ever wondered what it is like taking a cat to the vet. This is the video for you! She was quite vocal. On slushy roads, she was a hoot.



Tuesday, Dec. 31st

Dec. 31st, more power outages as the snow continued all day, second day in a row. The numbers crept up all day as snow kept falling on top of the ice. Our hydro was fine, but I kept a fire going just in case.



The poor trees! Their branches were touching the ground. Great shelter for Jake, though. Can you see him?



Tuesday afternoon, I went out and shook the snow off. I was warm with Jean's lovely muff, except where the snow fell on my head. My coat was drenched, but the trees look much better. I have to clean them off, as it'll freeze and the branches will freeze in the snow. I learned that lesson one year.



On my way in for deer food, Tuesday, this dippy family stopped in the middle of Gore St. (a main street of Perth)! I was watching for the truck to pull around them, as people often do. Watching the truck behind them, then the teenager rushed across the road in front of me. No coat, no boots.



Our driveway is 100 m long. We were slowly getting rid of the ice from last week. We're back to ice pellets topped by snow. It's still snowing today, Wednesday.
Winter, bring it on!



My observation totals for the end of the year:
⛈DECEMBER 2019⛄
❄️WEATHER DATA☔
🚓ONTARIO ROADS 2019 🚗
🚓LOCAL COLLISIONS

10 comments:

Rain said...

Happy New Year Jenn! :) What an idiot girl...if she slipped, or if your car slipped, that would have been the end of it. People just don't think. I love the photos of the trees, though I agree, poor them, they are very resilient though!

Nancy J said...

At last, a blog I can leave a comment on.Those roads, I would rather stay home.So glad the neck warmers are coming in handy, I wear one here in the winter, and a friend had one, he used to pull it up over his nose when its was really cold . We have had cats that sang?? all the way to the vet, and quiet most of the way home. Then some were so quiet you wondered if they had gone to sleep.

Gaelyn said...

Interesting how cats like boxes but hate the crate. Your snow is very pretty, from AZ. I'll bet the weight of it is hard on some trees. Lovely to see a clear space under them. Crazy teenager. Your driveway looks treacherous.

eileeninmd said...

I wish you all the best in 2020, a happy & healthy New Year!

Hootin Anni said...

Common sense with the younger generation is highly questionable sometimes.

The snow-laden pines are so pretty! Happy New Year Jenn.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All the very best for a wonderful 2020 in the Ottawa Valley. I will look forward to reading about your exploits throughout the year.

Tom said...

...I take a bit on comfort knowing that you have goofy people up in your neck of the woods too. Here I thought that they lived down here!

Christine said...

gosh, lots of snow already! Happy New Year anyway!

Anvilcloud said...

Happy New Year. I will have some of my pics from that storm coming your way soon.

William Kendall said...

Annabelle is quite vocal!