Friday 3 January 2020

Of all the things I've lost...

I miss my mind the most!

I had a wee problem. For the third time in the past while, I've lost another SD Card for the trailcams. The good one (32 GB). I think I have figured it out. I keep the spares in a pouch, in my video camera bag. There is a bit of a tear, but not big enough, I thought, to lose the card. I think it slipped out when I was shoveling the slushy end of the driveway.

Anyway, it means a walk outside to switch cards, back in to upload, then back out to switch the other card. It's good exercise in the fresh air!

I was quite excited, and too anticipatory. I saw this in the snow. I tracked the tracks and it came from across the highway, up the drive, across under the arbour. I was so excited. It was close to the trailcam.


Coyote tracks! They went right by trailcam #2, the lesser one. NOTHING! They are too fast. Argh. I have ordered a new camera for my birthday (Dec. 26th), and that will take care of that.

The farther trailcam captured the fisher, who a Facebook viewer thought might have marked the box.

f

The buck is still around, as well as a momma with yearlings. Coming home last night, in the dusk, there were two good-sized bucks feeding on the pumpkins, who bounced gazelle-like across the field.



In the meantime...  we don't usually watch hockey, but the boys were playing across the pond. The fans are a hoot.




I'm slowly tidying from the holidays. Sadly, the moment after I put the vacuum away, Annabelle leaves me a gift. Here she is in JB's chair, with a catnip toy left where she left her fur behind. This is the problem with her long fur!



Speaking of gifts, I shall have to play around with camera settings for the snowglobe Caitlin gave me. It is lovely!

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I don't have a normal day if I don't lose several things!

Anvilcloud said...

Oh those darn memory cards. My best one is still missing.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That is a lovely globe! Always a joy to view the animals. YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is upsetting to loose a SD card. I love the deer and your pretty snow globe. What new camera do you buy? Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Nancy J said...

A whole year to wait for the new trail camera??? Maybe it could be an Easter Bunny surprise. Love the photos, and those cards, so small they would get lost so easily;y outside, or even indoors.

carol l mckenna said...

You have been busy ~ great post and photos ~ Lovely snow globe and Annabelle is a sweetie despite the debris she leaves ~ Wonderful critter shots!

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Gill - That British Woman said...

always love how many animals you have in your yard...…...

Olga said...

I was just sitting here stewing over the past few days since I had three major incidents of losing three very important things and how I should blog about it. Misery really does love company!

Linda said...

I have misplaced one too, won’t say lost as I’m sure it will turn up. Have ling mine is behind the desk, which
I can’t move! Your cards ll turn up too and th will have the joy of viewing hat is on them.

Phil Slade said...

Lost count of the memory cards I misplaced. Fortunately I am quite good at downloading pics straight after I get back in the house. What about a card holder pouch? Or would you lose that too?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Memory-Card-Carrying-Case-Microfiber/dp/B0085DZRDE/ref=asc_df_B0085DZRDE/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309947853784&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3991730931230983050&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046573&hvtargid=pla-353073653732&psc=1


Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, Phil. I have a camera bag, but the outer pouch is the leaker. I just have to put them into the inner main spot.

Kay said...

Ooooohhh... I really like that snow globe effect.

William Kendall said...

The stare of a deer is quite something to behold.